Chemonics seeks a Project Accountant for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Project Accountant Jobs at Chemonics
- Managing both the day-to-day and the strategic financial administration of Lishe Mtambuka in compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
- Implementing proper protocols to ensure the project office is operating under consistent financial practices.
- Working with appropriate counterparts to ensure proper tax withholdings and filings and overseeing payroll administration for project employees.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the project’s bank, ensuring banking activities are processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly budget reforecasts for project operations expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, auditing, business administration, or related field and an ACA/ACCA/CPA qualification.
- Minimum four years post-qualification experience as an accountant, auditor, or finance professional; experience as an accountant with a NGO, development contractor, or donor agency preferred.
- Experience administering payroll; strong knowledge of Tanzanian tax regulations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports and workload flow charts, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
|Experience in Months||48|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested applicants? to apply