Logistics Assistant G5 Job at WFP 2023;- Are you Looking for Job at WFP The World Food Programme is an international organization within the United Nations that provides food assistance worldwide. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and the leading provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, WFP is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||Fixed Term|
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):||Kasulu|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
|Education:||Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.|
|Languages:||Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.|
Job holders directly report to the Head of Sub Office at Kasulu and technically to the Head of Logistics at Country Office at Dar Es Salaam.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to supply chain operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support management of supply chain vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring, and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for the execution of logistics operations (e.g., commodity movement permits in the refugee camps, customs clearance, invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g., CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport, and other vendors’ performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
|Experience:||At least 5 years’ of logistics operations experience in the refugee camps.Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 04 April 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.