Are you looking for Accountant Intern at Tai We are a youth-led NGO in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania inspiring social behavioural change by positively influencing communities through the use of 3D Animations, Radio Dramas & Comics to deliver crucial messages to the community, especially to adolescents in Tanzania.
We are pioneers in the field of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) in Tanzania. We write compelling human-centred narratives and present them in form of 3D animations, comic strip posters and radio plays with the aim of encouraging positive social behavioural change. Our strategic use of stories allows us to
appeal to a broad audience while our focus on education remains true to our mission of increasing youth participation in addressing social and economic development challenges in Tanzania. Also you can get in touch about University Selection Announcements
Accountant Intern at Tai
|Job Title Accountant Internship Report To Finance Manager Duration 3 – 6 Months Work percentage 100% Location Tanzania, Dar es salaam Time 08:00 am – 05:00 pm (Monday to Friday)|
This position will be working closely and reporting to the Financial Manager, and you will be responsible for assisting in managing financial operations with a focus on budget tracking, expenditure monitoring, reporting and cash flow management. Also read about ambassador Jobs at Tai
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The accountant will be responsible for managing financial operations with a focus on budget tracking, expenditure monitoring, reporting and cash flow management
- Accounting tasks
- Record the transactions related to Tai’s projects in Specific Project cash books (Excel) for easy monitoring of donor funds
- Prepare payments according to funds availability and authorization from Department Managers and Finance Manager
- Follow up on liquidation of funds and ensure all retirements are done on time
- Petty Cash Management
- Financial reporting & analysis tasks
- Assist in the Preparation of donor’s financial reports for each project according to grants’ requirements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly expenditure reports
- Preparing Fixed Asset register and following up on the condition of Assets with support from Admin
- Other tasks assigned by supervisors
- Help as required during the auditing process
- Follow up on statutory compliance including physical visits to TRA, NSSF and WCF when required.
- Provide insights when reviewing and updating Tai Tanzania’s financial management policies and procedures annually Assist in drafting missing financial policies and procedures
- Follow up on any new financial regulatory requirements and their impact on Tai Tanzania’s financial operations
Any other additional task that may be assigned by reporting Manage:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop data story collection tools
- Conduct baseline survey
- Monitoring of project activities and reporting
- Writing Impact report
- Make frequent visits to field sites to provide training or conduct supervision of activities.
- Develop feedback survey forms
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Tai Tanzania and beneficiaries.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- University degree in finance or a related discipline
- Good organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel required).
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Swahili
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and practices.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Excel.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.