We’re looking for an Account Officer who is detail oriented and organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting and finance, and be able to work independently to manage a large volume of work.
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam
|Basic salary||1,451,250/= TZS|
|Report to||Accountancy Manager|
|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam Main Purpose
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam Control the daily cash/check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the Finance Manager’s instructions and MSF protocols to provide accurate, updated financial information. Accountants have the responsibility of supporting the project accounting staff and overseeing the books of the projects. They prepare the project books to be integrated in the master by the Accounting Manager
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam Accountabilities
- Maintain and update cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all IN and Out transactions, ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and, investigate any discrepancy.
- Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country’s exchange rate policy.
- Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with SAGA together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
- Monitor cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
- Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts …) to give reliable information about the mission functioning
- Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures …).
- Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
- Inform supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance.
- Prepare the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
- Is the responsible for the processing of SAGA peripheral accounting (project and capital):
- checks and validates the accounting of all SAGA peropheral accounts (spot check);
- checks the quality of the accounting allocations; check the conformity of all the invoices and other vouchers and ensures they are approved;
- under the responsibility of the Accounting manager, analyses the problems of cashbox discrepancies and gives technical help to find solutions
- Quality check on mission accounting:
- Correct encoding of salaries
- Follow-up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission
- Carry out of invoice split for international and local freight invoices
- Management of the expenses of other missions/sections
- Preparing OP (payment orders) documents to be sent to HQ
- Validation and allocation of HQ invoices
- Simulation encoding
- SAGA HR module encoding
- Responsible for filing accounting documents:
- Organizes financial documents and their annexes (PO/PU/PL)
- Prepares documents for audits
- Organizes the scanning of documents
- Archives mission financial documents
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam Requirements
- Education Essential diploma or professional qualification in accounting / finance / business administration.
- Experience In administration and accountability (minimum 1 year).
- Languages English and local language essential.
- Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress Management
Accountant Jobs at Dar es Salaam All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, supporting documents (copies of diplomas…) and phone number: