3 Grant Officer/Assistant Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
3 Grant Officer/Assistant Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position||Grant Officer/Assistant (3)|
|Work Station||Mara (1), Simiyu (1), Zanzibar (1)|
|Reports to||Regional Project Managers|
Maintains Sub Grantees’ financial, and accounting functions in order to meet the needs of the organization and the donor. S/he prepares financial statements, maintains cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the project. Support both Amref staff and subs grantees’ financial and budgeting, compliance, and reporting functions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial control and accounting, including, keeping the accounting system for tracking of expenses up-to-date; collecting and preparing invoices and Cash Transfer Requests for payment, posting in the accounting system, and process in the accounting/bank system; preparing periodic reports.
- Maintaining updated subgrantees’ employment contracts, tracking all changes which occur over a time of the project life, tracking and maintaining all the records of the payments processed directly by Amref Tanzania
- Ensure compliance of grants with CDC/procedures and donor rules/regulations, including all applicable policies and procedures, visit Sub grantees (Districts, FBOs, CSOs) in order to support the financial management of grant-funded projects,
- Perform grant-related pre and post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions as required and maintaining and updating all sub-grantee’s information within the supported region
- Perform other duties as guided by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting,
- At least 2 years of work experience in the related field and Experience working with donor-funded
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting, and cost
- Skills in analyzing financial data and preparing financial
- Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensuring that best practices are observed.
- Knowledge of Federal Government and State financial regulations preferably CDC and USAID financial rules and regulations
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be