Central Distribution Center Manager – Pepsico Park 2022
Central Distribution Center Manager – Pepsico Park, Pepsico Park Vacancies, Pepsico Park new jobs, Pepsico Park new job opportunities, Pepsico Park job opportunity, Pepsico Park careers,
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands – such as Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker and SodaStream – that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources.
Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
- Germiston, South Africa
- Supply Chain
- Manage the end to end distribution center operations including but not limited to the following key process activities: (Receiving inventory, putaway, storage, picking, packing and loading, delivery to customers, de-briefing post delivery and managing customer invoicing, credit note and claims processing)
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing stock, handling and disposals of stales, keeping accurate warehouse inventory, inter warehouse transfers and warehouse replenishment.
- Ensure the warehouse overheads are within budget limits.
- Develop, monitor and adapt KPI’S to address operational and Performance requirements
- Track KPI reports and reason out any deviation from the targets and take appropriate measures to avoid errors.
- Ensure all work equipments are used in proper manner, maintained properly and functioning to its maximum capacity.
- Maintain safe working conditions and environment.
- Executing FIFO procedures to track products’ freshness.
- Follow-up on the Inventory process tracking, physical count and reporting of inventory variance and stock updating.
- Capital Expenditure (Capex) planning and execution
- Ensure the warehouse thru-put and productivity are maintained
- Directly responsible for Warehouse Management System security and data accuracy.
- Establish/maintain working programs to minimize transit and/or storage damage within established guidelines.
- Effectively utilize warehousing space for inbound and outbound materials Control accuracy of shipments and goods received in order to maintain traceability and product loss and minimized penalties.
- Keep abreast of new industry developments affecting the Distribution Centre operation including new products, technologies, modifications and processes, including TPM, which might lead to assuring a more efficient operation.
- Actively support Plant/distribution/supply chain/shipping cost management projects.
- Define all departments using SIPOC Model
- Drive the Operational Excellence Program (OEP) across all departments
- Clearly defined PI’s and KPI’s and process maps to task levels for all functions
- Effective SOP’s for all critical task’s
- Sound and effective SLA’s across all functions
- Effective routines and Review’s
- Manage cost within the AOP.
- Ensure accurate forecasts submitted for P4F and P9F
- Ensure cost per case targets are met
- Manage Pallet costs within targets set
- Ensure no outstanding pallets to be written off
- Manage overtime by proper planning.
- Manage absenteeism < 2%.
- Ensure limited use of contract labour (only where justified and approved by HR)
- Manage all Warehouse assets.
- Ensure no outstanding PODs (Proof of Delivery) or Credit Notes (CNs)Service:
- Ensure 95% Service Level (Fill rate)
- Ensure 95% On time Delivery
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of delays to pro-actively manage customers
- Report on % departures by 7AM daily
- Track Cut cases % (cases cut from order versus original order processed) with loss tree analysis monthly
- Manage stock rotation to ensure no write offs for expired/rotation stock
- .Maintain IRA (Inventory Record Accuracy) of 95%
- Daily inventory health checks to be reported
- Ensure housekeeping and hygiene practices inside/outside facilities (AIB) to ensure a rating of >700
- Ensure 100% adherence to Health, Safety and AIB procedures and regulations.
- Ensure on time submission of Key Control quarterly feedback and sample results.
- Manage and track all non conforming quality issues for escalation and resolution
- Implement Monthly Site town hall
- Daily Driver meetings (15min)
- Managing staff performance and take corrective action.
- Identify training needs for warehouse staff.
- Ensure sound management policies and practices are in place and adhered to.
- Manage contract labour (where justified) and ensure source documentation is validated on hours worked/overtime etc.
- Plan and set shifts for Warehouse employees.
- Ensure disciplinary action is taken where recurring deviations to standards are found
- 8 years experience in FMCG manufacturing, logistics and supply chain, field and HO roles.
- 4 years logistics, inventory, planning or go to market experience, working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- 5 years operational leadership experience and capability.
- Change management experience coupled with good analytical abilities.
- Transport management capability.
- Strong internal and external communicator, influencer, and negotiator.
- Ability to set and prioritise short, mid and long term objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain /Logistics or related.
- Postgraduate qualification preferable.
“PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with the Employment Equity Act”