Legal and Regulatory Affairs Officer job at Liquid Intelligent Technologies 2023; – Perhaps you think you’ve got the skills and experience to work in one of the fastest growing markets where constant change, technology innovation and rapid growth targets are the norm. If so, we’d love to hear from you.
The Liquid Intelligent Technologies Group of companies is a fast paced and stimulating environment to work in and we offer great career paths for motivated and skilled individuals with the right attitude.
• Legal advice and compliance management of the business
• Researches and contributes on country legal matters in various areas.
• Prepare accurate and business oriented legal advisory papers.
• Receives and reviews issues, documents and agreements from user departments, customers, contractors, service providers and third parties; and provides advice on any legal issues/implications.
• Undertakes legal and regulatory research.
• Oversee the regulatory process and compliance of business products and services.
• Develops and tracks compliance register for all statutory compliance.
• Monitors and tracks interactions with regulators and government agencies.
• Directs the preparation and submission of regulatory agency applications, reports and correspondence in liaison with relevant departmental head.
• Provide regulatory guidance to business.
• Tracking license registers
• Prepares and submits quarterly and annual reports to the regulator(s)
• Contract management and enforcement
• Receives the context of the proposed agreements from line departments for expert advice.
• Establishes the legal implications arising from agreements between the company and third party.
• Prepares contract variations, amendments, extensions, and renewals.
• Advises on performance indicators and risk aspects of various contracts.
• Legal and Regulatory Affairs Officer Job Vacancy at Liquid Intelligent Technologies Tanzania
• Participates in and attends relevant Telecom events and those of external partners to share and disseminate policy insights and lessons.
• Assists in Responses to legal queries in respect of the company’s general public, special interest groups and other components of the firm’s stakeholder ecosystem.
• Collects and communicates public information that may give the company strategic advantage.
• Monitors and tracks responses to regulatory agencies and governmental authorities regarding all matters of interest or raised.
Dispute resolution management
• Attends court appearances as company representatives when needed.
• Assists in issuing opinions; negotiates; identifies and prepares documentation and witnesses; proposed settlements, discusses legal strategy where legal proceedings are instituted by or against the company.
• Advises business on legal matters to avoid litigation through constant interaction with all units.
• Participates in conciliatory process to avoid litigation.
• Manages the overdue debt collection process for the company in liaison with the finance department.
• View also: Legal Officer Job Vacancy at Jitegemee Holdings Company
Qualifications and Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) prerequisite, LLM or MBA added advantage.
• Registered Advocate
• At least 3-5 years post admission experience in busy law firm or multi-jurisdictional corporate
• Experience in telecom industry is desirable.
• Being able to think on one’s own feet and be decisive.
• Awareness of the telecoms and the ICT industry and the impact it is having on the customer organization.
• Business knowledge
• Good knowledge of Tanzania legislation
• Strong people skills – building collaborative relationships.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-demanding and challenging environment.
• Excellent team player with high results and performance oriented
• Excellent negotiation/ influencing and presentation skills.
• Excellent command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili languages
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants CLICK HERE TO APPLY