Driver Job at Save the Children April, 2023 The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide.
Save the Children
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Driver in close collaboration with the Finance Officers and Logistic Officers will be responsible to provide support to the Lindi Leptospirosis Emergency Response team during implementation of the programme activities. The key areas of accountability that will need to be performed include:
Read Also: Nafasi za kazi Zanzibar April, 2023
- To drive Save the Children passengers within Lindi region and the country as required
- Take proper care of assigned vehicles and the safety of the passengers at all times.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks on a daily basis to ensure proper upkeep of vehicles and immediately draw the attention of the line manager of any damage or fault on the vehicle.
- Carry out weekly maintenance checks on SC vehicles which includes: check of engine, gear box, alarm system, vehicle tools, battery, locks, brakes, clutch fluid levels, loose nuts and bolts on the vehicle, unexpected noises, fluid leaks under the vehicle and any damage to the body or interior parts of the vehicle.
- Altering the Area Programme Manager on time on the expiration dates of periodic servicing and maintenance of the vehicle in line with manufactures recommendations and SC transport policies and procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness of SC vehicles at all times, both internally and externally
- Drive in a safe and reasonable manner following the standard speed limits set by SC at all times and report an accident at the earliest opportunity.
- Complete the logbook on a daily basis as per the transport management handbook.
- Make sure SC vehicles are fueled on half tank basis and every month end the tank is full before commencing the next month’s log book.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.