Social Media and Communications consultant at Lyra in Africa April, 2023 : Are you looking for nafasi za kazi Lyra in Africa, ajira mpya Lyra in Africa, job at Lyra in Africa, vacancies at Lyra in Africa, new job opportunities Lyra in Africa, Lyra in Africa shortlisted candidates.
Role: Freelance Social Media and Communications consultant
Location: Iringa, Tanzania, but virtual working is a possibility
Preferred start date: as soon as possible
End date: June 2023, with extension depending on performance and funding.
Reports to: UK Social Media Lead and dotted line to Acting National Director (Tanzania)
Lyra in Africa
- Travel: Some travel to Lyra field locations may be required
- Must have the right to work in Tanzania.
- Lyra in Africa Organization (Lyra) is a registered Tanzanian Non-Governmental Organization based in Iringa, Tanzania. Lyra’s mission is to create vibrant communities by improving education and income opportunities for girls and women across rural Tanzania.
We are seeking a part time, freelance Social Media and Communications consultant, to manage Lyra’s day to day social media and communications, increase Lyra’s presence across social media as well as enhance internal communications. As this is a freelance role, we will work with the consultant to determine how many days a month they have available for this role. We would like to aim for 1-3 days per week, and can be flexible as to how these days are delivered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Read Also: Nafasi za Kazi TANROADS 2023
- Social Media Content Creation
- Leading on all day-to-day social media content creation (included by not limited to Lyra’s main Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tiktok accounts), and contributing to the maintenance of a social media calendar
- Create original, quality, and engaging content for our supporters.
- Work with members of the Lyra team to identify opportunities to increase our brand, influence and fundraising or campaigning initiatives within Tanzania Increase social media reach within Tanzania and in relevant forums. Social Media Response.
- Responding to supporters on our various social media channels: DMs, comments, and mentions. Ensuring Lyra’s values, reputation and relationship with donors are upheld.
- Flagging reputational risk issues up to the Lyra SMT as needed Reporting.
- Support the extracting and reporting on social media KPIs.
- Measuring the success of Lyra’s social media Communications.
- Support the Lyra program teams to create compelling case studies and content of their respective program areas.
- Support of the creation of bi-annual Lyra supporter newsletters and internal communications Website maintenance.
- Contribute to updating the Lyra website as and when required Other responsibilities.
- Together with the Lyra Senior Management Team, develop and implement strategies for the growth of social media engagement.
- Provide social media support to teams across the organisation.
Skills and experience
- Excellent spoken and written English and Swahili with excellent grasp of grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Evidence of utilising social media platforms successfully to achieve objectives.
- Strong knowledge and experience of social and digital trends in Tanzania and across the development sector.
- Flair and passion to demonstrate creativity with proven experience in social media.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively to achieve objectives.
- Excellent organisations skills with the ability to meet very tight deadlines and manage a varied workload, take initiative, and seize opportunities.
- Ability to think creatively, use initiative and be flexible to adapt to changing priorities.
- Digital skills and experience, including experience with digital and social media platforms.
- Copywriting and editing skills for social and web (squarespace), requiring little additional supervision, including social media channels best practise.
Lyra in Africa is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of the work we undertake. As part of your work, you will be in touch with members of the Communities, Children, Girls in Secondary Schools, and vulnerable people. Lyra in Africa has a zero tolerance policy towards all forms of abuse, bullying, harassment and sexual exploitation. As an employee of Lyra, you will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Policy. Under this policy, you have a duty to immediately report any concerns about the actions related to Lyra in Africa work that may harm children or vulnerable adults.
NAFASI ZA KAZI Lyra in Africa 2023
Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Lyra has zero tolerance for corrupt activities in any form, including bribery, facilitation payments and any kind of influence, whether committed by Lyra employees, or third parties acting for or on behalf of Lyra. Lyra commits to comply with applicable country specific laws and regulations on anti-bribery and corruption where we operate. Lyra requires all employees, contractors, consultants, and all who we work with to comply with the same laws and to this policy and take active steps to ensure that corruption does not occur in relation to Lyra’s operations.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in one PDF document to [email protected] before 14th April 2023.
The applicants should clearly state the job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.