Mission: To provide loans and grants to needy and eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
Vision: To be a reliable and sustainable revolving fund in financing eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
Mambo Muhimu Ya Kuzigantia Kwa Waombaji Wa Mkopo HESLB
Core Values: The core values which will guide HESLB in achieving its objectives are:
Accountability: We are accountable for our own results, encourage ownership by taking initiatives and doing the right things for our organization. We feel obliged to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of our organization. We will be answerable for our actions and the actions of our teams.
Also Read: Kozi zenye Kipaumbele Kupata Mkopo HESLB
Commitment and Integrity: We are passionate and intensely focused on serving our clients (the higher education students) with high level of Integrity to enable them achieve their dreams. We do what we promise we are going to do. As individuals and as an organization, we are dedicated to serve our clients and stakeholders. We value all of our customers and stakeholders with high degree of Integrity.
Teamwork: We are committed to common goals based on open and honest communication and collaboration to one another while showing concern and support for each other and most importantly, our clients. We believe the best results stem from integrating a mix of talents, skills and experiences.
Equity: We value inclusiveness, fairness, transparency and justice that we want to see persist, and because of our main existence, we place a particular focus on reflecting the need of the disadvantaged, low-income communities most impacted by our work.
The Higher Education Student Loans Board (HESLB) wishes to inform applicants for higher education loans for the academic year 2023/2024 that the ‘Guideline for Issuance of Loans for the Academic Year 2023/2024’ with detailed information on the criteria and procedure of Applications will be available at www.heslb.go.tz from the first week of July, 2023.
This information aims to provide clarification to students who took the sixth form national exams in May, 2023 who have been sending emails and coming to our offices to get clarification.
In addition, currently, prospective loan applicants are advised to prepare by ensuring the following:
- Have a bank account with the same name as on his fourth form certificate; ii. Have a phone number registered in his name that he will use while in college;
- Checking his birth certificate following the instructions of RITA (Tanzania Mainland) or ZCSRA (Zanzibar);
- Prepare a copy of his guarantor’s ID; it can be one of NIDA, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License, Travel Pass, or Mzanzibari ID Resident;
- Preparing small color photos (pass-port size) of the loan applicant and his guarantor; and
- Preparing the NIDA number. If the applicant does not currently have one, it will not prevent him from applying for a loan.
- In addition, we would like to inform prospective loan applicants that they will have enough time of 90 days to apply for a loan. Therefore, they are currently advised to prepare the necessary documents to make it easier to apply for a loan once the window opens in July, 2023.
HESLB Important Notice to All Loan Applicants 2023/2024BONYEZA HAPA CHINI TO READ FULL NOTICE IN PDF FILE WRITTEN IN SWAHILI LANGUAGE….
Mwongozo wa Utoaji Mikopo kwa Mwaka wa Masomo 2023/2024
HESLB: Important Things to Consider to All Loan Applicants 2023/2024 DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE