Trade Operations Officer Jobs at NMB Bank is a commercial bank in Tanzania, the second-largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania,
Trade Operations Officer Jobs at NMB Bank
Trade Operations Officer (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office, Hq
To process / check various trade transactions for customers efficiently and accurately, in accordance with the applicable procedures, rules and policies, agreed service standards and operational instructions laid down by the bank.
- Administration of all operational aspects of trade finance products such as Letters of Credit, Trade Loans, Guarantees and Documentary Collections.
- Register and process all incoming documents, Letters of Credit, Guarantees, Documentary Collection, and Invoice Financing, Post Import Loans which are received from the branches and other departments and or through DHL/EMS.
- Assist the resolution of corporate customers’ queries and concerns, as well as.
- liaising with the Sales Team/Business Team to deliver a superior client service experience.
- Develop and maintain a clear and logical filing system.
- Create SWIFT messages accurately and promptly.
- Monitor suspense accounts for any pending entries relating to the department
- Ensure all outgoing/incoming Letters of Credit, Guarantees, and payment orders from customers or matured Post-Import Loan, Letters of Credit Drawings have been posted/paid/released on time
- Create/verify all instructions (either Documentary collection, Trade Loans, Letters of Credit or Guarantees) received from Branches, DHL, and or other Departments.
- Check documents received for disbursement/reimbursement.
- Develop the knowledge and compliance of rules and procedures with regards to
- country sanctions and money laundering and report any suspicious transactions.
- Ensure all internal requirements are met prior to closing of the transactions as per the internal policies and procedures including collateral.
- Close out all exceptions raised by either internal auditors or external auditors.
- Support other colleagues that are transacting with the other bank’s such as (SWIFT) and maintain good banking relationships.
- Adhere to the agreed Key Control Standard Assessment (KCSA) Plans and approach as advised by the Senior Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of International Banking Operations
- Knowledge on Import Letter of Credit Processing, Import Loan Processing, and Documentary Collection Processing, risks participation is an added advantage.
- Trade Finance operations skills,
- A Strong understanding of operational risk specifically in Trade Finance Products.
- Team player
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Economics or equivalent
- 3 years in Banking Operations, 2 years’ experience in Trade Operations.
- Experience in dealing with Trade customers will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of International banking practices UCP 600, URC725, ISP98 and URDG.
- Sound knowledge of Trade Finance operations and documentation.
- Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) is an Added Advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job opening date : 04-Sep-2023
- Job closing date : 18-Sep-2023