New Job Opportunities at GIZ 2023 – Junior Advisor for Integrated Water Resources Management and Climate Resilience GIZ is looking to fill the Water Resources Management and Climate Resilience position , Nafasi za kazi GIZ, ajirampya GIZ, Job at GIZ, nEW Job opportunities GIZ, Vacancies GIZ.
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
The GIZ programme “Water Security and Climate Resilience for Urban Areas in Tanzania” is looking to fill the position of “Junior Advisor for Integrated Water Resources Management and Climate Resilience.”
Duty station: Dodoma, Tanzania with frequent travel to other areas within Tanzania.
Fixed term contract
Job location: Band 3
- The incumbent will support the project team in implementing project output areas related to integrated water resources management, catchment planning, conservation, water allocation planning, and climate-resilient water financing proposal drafting.
- This will involve collaboration and capacity building activities with Basin Water Boards, Water Catchment Committees, Water User Associations, Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities, and local beneficiaries in various water catchment areas.
- Based in Dodoma, the incumbent will be a key liaison between the programme headquarters in Dar es Salaam and partners throughout the other priority catchments identified.
- The incumbent will also support efforts in knowledge management, digitization, and communications both internally for the programme and externally for the partners.
- Working with the programme team, the incumbent be responsible to resolve challenges that arise in the course of implementation and create innovated solutions.
- In addition to knowledge in integrated water resources management and catchment planning, skills in diplomacy, negotiation, networking, and communication are critical to your success.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Also Read: Nafasi za kazi TCAA April, 2023
- Managing project activities that fall under Output Area 3 “Climate Resilient Water Resources Management” within the Programme for Water Security and Climate Resilience for Urban Areas in Tanzania (“ProWaS”). This includes managing the thematic area of responsibility that forms part of the commission, achieving programme objectives, team agreements and agreements with the superior.
- Within the ProWaS programme, contributing to Working Area 1: “National water policy advice” which includes strengthening core processes of the Ministry of Water in relation to climate resilient water security and also contributing to Working Area 2: “Climate resilient Water Supply and Sanitation” where municipalities and water and sanitation suppliers will receive capacity building and training.
- Assisting programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups and partner institutions, especially basin water boards in Tanzania and in particular, Lake Rukwa Basin Water Board, Lake Nyasa Basin Water Board and the Internal Drainage Water Board.
- Other advisory services to relevant Water Catchment Committees, Water User Associations, Ministry of Water, Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities, and local beneficiaries in the respective water catchment areas and others that may be identified by the programme.
- Innovation and knowledge management.
Advising the partner institution(s)
Also: Cad Technician (2 Posts) at TANROADS April, 2023
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts from the institutions mentioned under Part A.
- Contributes to preparing and implementing work plans within Output 3, in coordination with Outputs 1 and 2 of the programme.
- Manages the design, preparation and implementation of meetings, workshops, seminars, writing project reports and plans and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activities.
- Provides technical advice to Lake Rukwa Basin Water Board, Lake Nyasa Basin Water Board, and The Internal Drainage Water Board in applying the National Water Allocation Planning Guidelines to prepare evidence-based gender-sensitive water allocation plans for selected water catchments.
- The plans are to be based on current, reliable, climate-resilient hydrological data.
- Provides technical advice to Lake Rukwa Basin Water Board, Lake Nyasa Basin Water Board, and The Internal Drainage Water Board on the process of obtaining an ISO certificate
- Contributes on issues related to the development of climate-resilient water safety plans for Tunduma, Sumbawanga and Singida water utilities and related Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and supports implementation of priority projects identified by the plans.
- Supports the establishment of a database for specialised experts to develop project proposals for investment measures to improve climate-resilient and gender-sensitive water resources management.
- Supports the training for Basin Water Boards to develop ready-to-finance project proposals for investment measures, to improve climate-resilient and gender-sensitive water resource management.
Networking and cooperation
Discover: Assistant Highway Engineer at TANROADS April, 2023
- Supports cooperation, regular consultations and dialogue with partners based on technical expertise, mutual trust, and respect.
- Assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies, and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme and the Working Areas.
Read: Bridge Engineer at TANROADS April, 2023
- Organizes, coordinates and moderates’ knowledge sharing events such as catchment fora, workshops, and conferences.
- Ensures proper knowledge transfer from respective basins and utilities to stakeholders across levels and scales and to the programme.
- Supports the development of ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures, presentation documents that are within the National Water Policy and in accordance with MoW and GIZ principles.
- Prepares appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office.
- Assists with relevant research activities and studies.
Also See: Nafasi Za Kazi MJNUAT April, 2023
- Coordinates relevant working area and programme activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners.
- Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation.
- Jointly with the basin water boards, catchment committees and utilities’ teams, monitors and regularly reports on progress against the programme’s objective indicators framework.
- Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the Working Area leader and in cooperation with the partners.
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
- Supports other operational activities within the GIZ programme (e.g., offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting, etc.)
Required qualifications, competences and experience
Recommended: Driver Job at Save the Children April, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources management, water resources management, climate change, economics, environmental policy, international development, or a related field. Mas ter’s degree would be an added advantage.
- One to three (1 to 3) years proven professional work experience in water resources manage ment and natural resources management conservation and development programmes (ideally integrated water resources management, catchment planning, water conservation, climate change adaptation and funding modalities).
- Experience working in or with state or sub-national public administrations in Tanzania. Strong diplomatic and communication skills in dealing with senior government, policy making na tional, and sub-national level officials are a key requirement.
- Strong understanding of the national and local context in Tanzania (political decision-making, legal and institutional aspects of water resources management, climate change adaptation, urban planning and development, budgeting, and public projects funding and financial management).
- Fluency in written and oral Swahili and English is required.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of national and international experts. Very good working knowledge of Information and Communication Technologies (I&CT) (including related water resources management software, and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Microsoft Teams.)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Working experience with international organisations would be an added asset Independent, able to work with teams across Tanzania and with management remotely
The workstation will be in Dodoma with regular travels to other areas in Tanzania as will be required by the programme manager. The incumbent will be part required to work with a dynamic remote team with offices in Dar es Salaam, and Mpanda, and Dodoma.
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of aca demic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line “Junior Advisor for Integrated Water Resources Management and Climate Resilience”. Closing date for submission: 26.04.2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.