Wash Project Manager job at Norwegian Refugee Council 2023;- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee. NRC is focused on quality. In the field, we work hard to solve challenges in demanding environments, often in hard-to-reach areas. We work professionally, with respect for all and focus on safety and teamwork. You will learn fast in a professional setting. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
We are a team of arpund 16,000 humanitarians from all backgrounds, perspectives and ages. You will meet friendly, positive and collaborative colleagues. We nurture a conscious and respectful workplace and look beyond differences in culture, religion, race or gender. We are dedicated to improving the lives and rights of displaced people, whether we work in the field or in the Head Office. We welcome you to a global community of humanitarians, colleagues and friends. NORCAP is the Norwegian Refugee Council’s global provider of expertise to the humanitarian, development and peace-building sectors. We build partnerships with international organisations and national actors to protect lives, rights and livelihoods.
Wash Project Manager job at Norwegian Refugee Council 2023
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and wash strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant wash projects
- Coordinate and manage wash project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Wash/Shelter PDM and Area manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Cs) and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure that assessment, programme design and implementation considers needs and vulnerabilities within the community.
- On the basis of these assessments to design and construct appropriate responses (both programmatic and advocacy) to meet people’s basic WASH needs including water reticulation system, excreta disposal, solid waste management, drainage, vector control, and hygiene.
- Ensure that WASH programme design is informed by and integrated with NRC’s other priority sectors of camp management, education and Shelter.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Wash expertise
- •Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- •Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania is an advantage
- Emergency & Protracted crisis WASH assistance in camp set up
- Knowledge of the local language (Swahili) is an advantage
- Experience with start-up of operations
For more detailed information kindly see the the detailed Job Description
For any queries, please email us at eay.recruitment@nrc. no with the job title as the subject line.
To contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.”
Education Requirement: No Requirements Work Hours: 8 Experience in Months: 36