Julius Nyerere Hydropower Station (JNHS; RHHP; Rufiji Hydroelectric Power Project; Stiegler’s Gorge Dam) is a hydroelectric dam under construction across the Rufiji River in eastern Tanzania. Although controversial, the government approved the plans in 2018. The power station is expected to have an installed capacity of 2,115 megawatts (2,836,000 hp) and to produce 5,920GWh of power annually. The project, power station and dam are owned by and will be managed by the government owned Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO). Construction began in 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2022.
JVACEE – Julius Nyerere Hydro Power Project (JNHPP)
|SENIOR HSE ENGINEER||1 POSITION|
|Location||Dar es Salaam|
JVACEE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement HSE policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with local and international regulations
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk management plans
- Provide technical guidance and support to the HSE team and other departments
- Conduct HSE audits and inspections to identify potential hazards and non-compliance issues
- Develop and deliver HSE training programs for employees
- Investigate incidents and accidents and develop corrective and preventive action plans
- Monitor and analyze HSE performance metrics and report to management
- Participate in HSE meetings and committees to promote a culture of safety and environmental responsibility
- Provide administrative support to the HSE department, including maintaining records, scheduling meetings, and preparing reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of HSE policies and procedures
- Maintain and update HSE training records and databases
- Assist in the preparation of HSE audits, inspections, and assessments
- Coordinate HSE-related communications, including newsletters and bulletins
- Monitor HSE-related activities and ensure compliance with regulations
- Assist in the investigation of HSE incidents and accidents and facilitate corrective and preventive action plans
- Help to organize and coordinate HSE-related events and activities
- Maintain inventory of HSE-related equipment, supplies, and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in HSE management on the construction site.
- Proven track record of implementing successful HSE programs
- Strong knowledge of local and international HSE regulations and standard
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skill
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and HSE software applications.
- Experience working in big national project will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their up to date CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] and in subject Line, Clearly indicate the position you’re applying for. Failure to do so your application will not be considered. Deadline is 10th July 2023.
This position is open for Tanzanian Locals only.