Treasury Dealer Jobs at NMB Bank is a commercial bank in Tanzania, the second-largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania,
Treasury Dealer Jobs at NMB Bank
Treasury Dealer (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office, Hq
- To optimally grow Foreign Exchange (FX) and Fixed Income revenues of the bank through;
- -Providing professional treasury services to our Retail Banking customers to increase FX and Fixed Income revenues.
- -Recruiting new bank SME and Consumer Banking (Personal & Private Banking) customers who can generate FX and FI revenues for the Bank.
- Conduct dealing in line with the laid down policies and procedures in order to drive foreign exchange sales volumes and income within the respective portfolios.
- Ensure fair and objective competitive rates pricing in line with the code of conduct and Financial Consumer Protection regulations.
- Assist the Senior Dealer in implementing sales plans to ensure that revenue targets are achieved.
- Come up with innovative sales initiatives that are cross functional and work with relevant stakeholders in the bank to implement.
- Approach and build healthy relationships with customers to become the preferred point of contact in Treasury by branches and the Retail Banking team for customer base growth and new acquisitions.
- Plan joint visits with respective Relationship Managers in Retail banking and Branch Managers in branches to ensure cross selling of the bank’s products and customer entertainment.
- Engage the branch network on a daily basis to assist in approaching and pricing customers.
- Market all new foreign exchange and fixed income products to customers in line with market opportunities.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in the foreign exchange markets and advise the branch network and customers.
- Service and call on existing & potential customers on an ongoing basis to obtain further business and ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Enhance the Bank’s reputation in both local and Global markets through demonstrating a high level of professionalism and Ethics while developing mutual beneficial working relationships with our customers.
- Keep up to date with and be responsive to trends affecting customer’s business that may give birth to new opportunities.
- Create, maintain, and track records of customers and be aware of their needs and currency exposure to be able to advise them accordingly.
- Fully assess FX profitability of the bank weekly, monthly and on a quarterly basis against the set objectives.
- Forecast revenues from NMB investments in various structured products.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and monitor (track) FX products performance through different bank’s touch points on an ongoing basis and share reports with relevant stakeholders for prompt decision making.
- Conduct market intelligence for timely decision making and advise to customers.
- Ensure controls and compliance with procedures that meet the bank’s policies, procedures and standards as set in the Treasury Operating Manual.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to BOT issued circulars and regulations.
- Provide accurate and timely product service to relevant desks (Retail, Branch, Trade Finance etc.) to meet customer needs at competitive prices.
- Run a competitor pricing analysis on a daily basis to ensure that NMB’s pricing is relevant and optimal based on the location of our branches.
- Provide feedback to Retail teams on clients changing needs to ensure that NMB’s product offering are current and relevant.
- Ensure prudent & smooth operational processing of customer’s transactions at Head Office.
- Provide quality and up-to-date market information to Retail teams as part of education and promotion of FX products.
- Actively participate in joint sales calls/visits with Business Banking RMs to promote FX products to customers.
- Provide regular product training to all RMs and Branch staff.
- Work with the Business Banking team to implement Account Plans and other performance tools that aid cross selling.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of regulatory requirements, Risk management, and Treasury risk management skills.
- NMB operational manuals and regulations, circulars, BOT guidelines, BOT compliance manuals, financial management, Business modeling, Scenario planning, Business of banking, banking law, PC literacy as it applies to analysis and data modelling
- Building partnerships, Communication, Contributing to Team Success, Decision-making, Facilitating Change, Managing Work, Negotiation, Planning and organizing, and Risk orientation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related fields of studies.
- ACI dealing certification is required.
- At least 4 years of experience in treasury functions in a financial institution, with exposure to bank operations and financial markets.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Job closing date : 18-Sep-2023