The New Forests Company was founded in 2004 with the vision of creating a sustainable timber resource in East Africa amidst rampant deforestation. As one of the most fertile regions in the world, East Africa should be able to supply its own timber needs and even export rather than importing the majority. We are excited to be reversing the traditional tale of exporting raw materials and importing value-added products in a way that creates regional social, economic, and environmental benefits.
Tractor Driver Vacancy at The New Forests Company
Nafasi za Tractor Driver New Forests Company is a sustainable, socially responsible forestry and timber products business with plantations in Uganda and Tanzania. Read more at www.newforests.earth.
Purpose of the position:
- Tractor Driver is responsible for moving poles at the pole plant site.
Key Result Areas and accountabilities:
- Daily activity planning with the supervisor to ensure efficient use of the tractor.
- Compliance with health & safety requirements
- Keeping the tractor and trailer(s) clean and in a safe & good working order
- Liaising with the workshop team to ensure all routine and emergency maintenance is done timely.
- Liaising with the supervisor and other relevant pole plant staff to ensure activities are synchronised.
- Keeping a logbook and usage records on the tractor machine
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Relevant drivers’ license
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to operate a bell logger machine is an added advantage.
- Ability to complete the logbook daily.
- Excellent eyesight and hearing
- Basic knowledge of heavy-duty machine mechanical layout and service requirements
Desired start date: 01 August 2023
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests.
“The New Forests Company is an equal opportunity employer and Female candidates are encouraged to apply.”