Topographer Job at BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited 2023 – In This Article, are you looking for Nafasi za Kazi Ballast Jobs in Topographer at “Besix Ballast Nedam” (BBN) May, 2023. New Jobs in Tanzania are posted here every day.
Topographer Job at BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited 2023
BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited, the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Jetty and Load Out Facilities in the Tanga Bay for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project, invites job application for Topographer
|Project||EACOP – Jetty & Loading Out Facility|
|Employer||BESIX Ballast Nedam Limited (BBN)|
|Work Location||Tanga Port|
|Reports To:||Survey Manager|
|Employment Duration||June 2023 – June 2025|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Purpose and scope of assignment
Topographer is responsible for taking and processing topographic measurements on the sites according to work plan.
- Read and understand safety instructions and working methods to carry out the job safely and properly as per Surveyor directives.
- Recognizing the working area and identify potential hazard prior to setup survey instrument.
- Understand basic concepts of coordinates systems, vertical datums, geodetic controls, topography, positioning.
- Able to install, configure, test, and run topographic and positioning survey equipment.
- Establishes horizontal and vertical controls on project by use of conventional survey techniques and/or GNSS.
- Setup and operating surveying instruments.
- Taking measurements on the sites and descriptive data using notes, drawings, sketches.
- Collect, read and interpret technical data or information and also solving technical problems, using the most recent surveying techniques.
- Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the Survey Manual, applicable QC plan, and project data package or as directed by the Survey Manager.
- Initiate preparation of survey progress and final reports; keep proper and organized filing of safety and quality records, and survey data and analysis results .
- Import and check the raw data within the topographic software, and to export the reduced coordinates within CAD software.
- Coordinate with the Site Superintendent with regards to the works.
- Report daily basis to the Survey Manager.
- Keep the equipment in good condition as per manufacturer maintenance and safety instructions.
- Follow Company safety rules, local safety law and regulations, and Department procedures.
- Working closely with Survey team for the correct scheduling of site works and maintain site safety behavior.
- Promote safe practices and safe place of work through method statement and risk assessment regular review, job safety analysis, weekly safety and technical toolbox talks, daily task briefing, etc., and report any unsafe act.
- Observe and keep up with the Quality & HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) responsibilities, and produce records as required by the safety and quality management system.
Job qualification, experience and skills.
Applicant should possess the following.
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Survey and/or Topography or other related qualifications.
- Continuous experience of not less than 5 years. Proven experience as a Surveyor Engineer or similar role.
- Strong analytical and numerical capabilities.
- Technical proficiency in surveying instruments and methods.
- Must be flexible to work for office and site works.
- Should be able to work independently in performing the assigned tasks on a project site.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel is required).
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledgeable in Survey positioning, acquisition, and processing software.
- Should be organized, punctual, accurate and have a systematic approach.
All Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] (Max. Email & attachment size: 20 MBs and all attachments to be combined in a single document) on or before 30th May 2023, 17:00hrs.
NOTICE; NO HIRING AT THE GATE!!!
Read Also: Tamisemi Form five Selection 2023/24
PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after deadline date, consider your application unsuccessful.