The Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI) was established by the Act ofParliament No.6 of 1980 to promotes, conduct, supervise, and co-ordinate fisheries Research in Tanzania. The Institute is governed by the Board of Directors. This Institute comprises of four Centers and one substation: the Mwanza Centre and Sota Substation on Lake Victoria, Kigoma Centre on Lake Tanganyika, Kyela Centre on Lake Nyasa (Malawi) and Dar es Salaam Centre on the Indian Ocean. The Institute Headquarters is located at Kunduchi in Dar es Salaam.
Technician II ( Research Technician ) Job at Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI)
TECHNICIAN II (RESEARCH TECHNICIAN) – 2 Post
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist Research and Fisheries Officers in their day-to-day activities
- To clean research equipment before and after field works;
- To participate in data collection during the field works
- To keep and handle samples properly before analysis;
- To participate on sample analysis;
- To take care of research equipment during field works; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Secondary Education Certificate plus Diploma (NTA level 6) or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in one of the following fields: Fisheries, Aquaculture, Aquatic Science, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
SALARY SCALE: PGSS 5
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified;
ii. People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective
Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate; vi. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts; vii. An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National
Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and
Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 13th July, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)