Tax Specialist & Advisor Jobs at CCL Global 2023
Tax Specialist & Advisor Jobs at CCL Global 2023; Contracts Consultancy Limited (CCL) was established in 1981 to provide candidates across project services within the oil gas industry. Today, a new generation is taking the business forward with the same key principles that we began with more than four decades ago – Integrity and Quality in Energy Recruitment.
Tax Compliance and Reporting in Tanzania
– Ensure tax compliance in Tanzania with the Agreed Fiscal Regimes as per the Tanzania HGA and the respective tax laws. – Assist in managing and monitoring the tax incentive (VAT, Customs, WHT) procedures
– Responsible for monthly VAT and WHT return filing, ensure timely settlement of tax obligations arising and maintain documentation plus reconciling to WorkDay General Ledger. – Assist in preparation of annual income tax returns
– Support HR on PAYE, Local Service Taxes, NSSF. Ensure compliance with respect to other Local Government taxes. Support C&P/Logistics on Customs issues to improve company compliance when it necessitates – Review Company procedures for tax implications where applicable.
– Provide guidance and advice to C&P Contract Engineers and Buyers on tax impact in contracts, both general and specific. – Assist in designing and disseminate tax information and guides to company personnel including but not limited to Finance, C&P, HR and miscellaneous budget holders.
– Perform tax Activity and Entity Level Controls
– Transfer Pricing – Ensure accurate compliance with all Transfer Pricing requirements for Tanzania
Tax Planning and Advisory
– Liaise with Government authorities especially TRA on issues affecting CLIENT’S including reviewing communication to Government on developments in the industry.
– Assist in reviewing tax implications of all relevant transactions
– Participate and liaise with Upstream Joint Venture tax workgroup on cross cutting issues affecting the industry
– Analyse tax changes that affect the business and their impact. This involves researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation. Communicate significant changes.
Tax Audit and Litigation
– Coordinate tax audit by the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) and Tanzanian Revenue Authority (TRA), interface between auditors and company personnel
– Follow up on litigation matters arising out of disputes of audit findings. Liaise with Legal department on the litigation matters.
Context and Environment
Works closely with Contracts and Purchasing (C&P), Legal and HR internally. Externally; works closely with Tanzania Revenue Authorities. Reports to CLIENT’S Tax Manager. The pipeline fiscal environment is highly prescribed not allowing for much flexibility. This can lead to conflict in interpretation with the tax authorities which is potentially a risk to the shareholders.
Assist in manage and control company’s tax liability and exposure; Ensure company does not lack on internal tax advice especially on routine and operational issues in order to save on cost while being compliant at the same time.
Bachelor’s degree in any of the business disciplines, and law. Accounting and/or tax professional qualifications and a Masters degree an added advantage.
Minimum 7-8 years experience in tax consulting and/or tax administration and/or tax compliance role in a multinational. Team management General Competencies
A sense of service/orientation to customers/clients. Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, and ability to work in a team and internationally. Ability to explain complex issues. Proficiency in MS Office tools necessary.