Social Liaison Specialist Jobs at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
|Open Position:||Social Liaison Specialist|
|Office Location:||Kilombero, Morogoro|
|Reports To:||Grower Agriculture Head|
|Date of advert:||03rd August 2023|
The Social Liaison Specialist is responsible for contributing to the Company’s cane supply and Grower development strategy with a view towards long-term growth, Grower relationship development and sustainability and this will be achieved by ensuring stability, good governance and effective operations in Grower Co-operatives and ensuring sustainable Grower relationships by holding the function accountable to the highest standards of stakeholder engagement, relationship management and social capital development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the long-term cane supply plan; refreshing the plan at appropriate intervals and ensuring initiatives are in place to deliver on the plan strategy
- Develop Grower segmentation model and framework, defining the support and services available / provided to each segment.
- Facilitate legal and financial compliance of Grower Cooperatives
- Support in developing and implementing policies, budgets, governance structures and administrative routines in Grower Cooperatives
- Develop strong leadership and talent within Grower Cooperatives through ongoing coaching, mentoring and guidance
- Contribute to crop forecasts from review of strategic analysis of crop growing areas being cognisant of prevailing conditions e.g. weather, soils, politics, social dynamics, etc.
- Contribute to operational excellence across agriculture by making informed tradeoffs and driving initiatives that will deliver a sustainable cane supply at optimal cost and quality levels
- Champion and embed group standards and processes for identifying and securing cane supply, supporting the Grower ecosystem, managing Grower relationships and managing Grower cane supply.
- Drive sustainable development practices, systems and platforms
- Drive synergies with the group, effectively partnering with group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for optimisation
- Manage relationships with individual Growers, Cooperative leaders and officers, key community stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
- Represent KSC at the Sugar Industry level with respect to matters pertaining to Tari Kibaha, the Sugar Board and the Cooperative Board.
- Provide social and legal perspectives and insights into business cases for key projects (including innovation opportunities), ensuring required outcomes are delivered on
- Manage and coordinate sharing of identified best practices, frameworks and minimum standards within function through Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem identification and knowledge sharing
- Support the Grower Cooperatives in developing sustainable environmental and socio-economic practices
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Ensure enablers are in place to promote success (e.g. systems and processes)
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues
Job Qualification and Experience:
- Social Science Degree/ Agricultural Degree /Environmental Management Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in social liaison
- Understanding of local social and legal environments
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation to community organisations
- Experience in establishing governance and administrative routines and ways of working
- Experience in sustainable development initiatives, systems and platforms
- Experience in environmental management and an understanding of the environmental legislation in Tanzania is an added advantage
Terms of Service: The successful candidates will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position before 15th August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.