Social Behaviour Change Radio Programmes Jobs at Aga Khan Development Network AKDN aims to engage an organisation that will produce social and behaviour change media programming through local radio stations in Southern Coastal Tanzania (Lindi, Mtwara), which will promote discussion, shift attitudes, and encourage listeners to take positive action to keep children in school, particularly girls.
Social Behaviour Change Radio Programmes Jobs at Aga Khan Development Network
• Informed by existing research done under F4L (including the situational analyses, rapid gender analysis, baseline reports, and SBC strategies), conduct a rapid assessment of information needs and media preferences of stakeholders in the target geographies.
• Undertake a capacity assessment of local radio stations and use this to inform a capacity development process.
• Support the radio stations to produce weekly content regarding gender issues and education for engage core target audiences to broadly communicate high quality content to influence attitudes and behaviours.
• Assess radio programmes; analyse and use these data with the radio stations to improve the programming.
• Assess the impact of the radio programmes on social attitudes and behaviours.
The deliverables of this consultant will include the following:
• Draft of 12-month radio programming strategy: A final document detailing the key findings from the rapid assessment and programme strategy.
• Radio programmes: as per agreed strategy
• Final report: Demonstrating capacity development of radio stations and impact of radio programmes.
• The deliverables of this consultant should be delivered over a 15-month period
• Demonstrated experience delivering radio programming for community mobilisation and social and behaviour change
• Experience working with local radio stations in Tanzania is a must. Existing relationships with local radio stations is preferred.
• Experience delivering capacity building programs for local radio stations
• 8.Criteria for selection
All submissions will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Technical proposal 40%
• Technical experience 30%
• Value for Money 30%
|Education Requirement||No Requirements|
|Job Experience||No Requirements|
|Experience in Months||Level of Education|
Job application procedure
Organisations interested in this opportunity with AKF should submit:
A proposal outlining relevant experience, suitability for this consultancy and approach (no more than 4 pages). Proposal must include evidence of carrying out impact evaluations of radio programmes
Budget: Please include VAT
Monthly work plan
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] by midday EAT on Friday 13th October 2023.