Senior Human Resource Officer at Uchumi Commercial bank Limited 2023; Uchumi Commercial Bank Ltd was established in 2005 by the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania Northern Diocese (ELCT-ND). UCB Ltd provides friendly, professional and state of the art Commercial Banking Services at its Moshi Branch and Tanzania at large. Legal persons of all beliefs and occupations can be UCB Ltd customers.
We are seeking for a dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Senior Human Resource Officer who will be responsible to assist the bank to develop and coordinate the best HR strategies, policies, initiatives and procedures. Also, to team up with line management to drive smooth industrial relations, performance management, training and compliance meanwhile assisting in management of staff cost to achieve bank’s Strategic Plan and Objectives.
Senior Human Resource Officer at Uchumi Commercial bank Limited 2023
|JOB TITLE||SENIOR HUMAN RESOUCRES OFFICER|
|REPORTING TO||HEAD OF LEGAL AND CORPORATE AFFAIRS.|
|DEADLINE||21st March 2023|
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the Head of Legal and Corporate affairs the incumbent will have primary responsibility of ensuring proper utilization of human resources in order to enhance effectiveness and profitability throughout the bank. These will be delivered through planning, designing and co-ordination of sound HR Strategies and by ensuring effective systems and procedures are in place for staff development including specifically:
- Formulate, implement, monitor and report the progress of UCB HR Strategy.
- Recommend and Institutionalize appropriate HR management systems and development of policies and Procedure.
- Maintenance of good employee relations and employment practices to ensure a high degree of staff morale and discipline at all times which will enhance efficient and effective utilization of manpower strategies with a view to optimizing synergy.
- Develop and implement staff welfare programmes and policies within the HR function so as to support the bank’s business strategies, e.g. reward policies, incentive schemes and social and sporting activities etc.
- Coordinating end to end onboarding hiring process as per bank process and procedures
- Providing practical support & guidance to managers/supervisors throughout the recruitment process including coordinating probationary review with team leaders.
- Maintain updated HR databases with all relevant information
- Manage employee mobility and promotions through coordination of transfers and promotions.
- Coordinating with team leaders to ensure compliance of HR policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly statutory returns: pension funds, PAYE, SDL, HESLB, WCF, for submission to the relevant authorities
- Ensure all staff are assigned with KPI’s and ensure performance management system is conducted inline to existing bank guidelines and procedures. Assist team leaders with identifying poor performers and assist management to develop personal development plans and monitor their progress
- Review and recommend changes to the organization structure in line with new business focus and organizational changes.
- Administration and implementation of the staff welfare programmes/Schemes e.g Medical Insurance, staff loans etc
- Monitor quality and compliance on the performance management process as well as ensuring performance culture is instilled among employees.
- Set a tool to support HOD to identify their training needs for respective business units and ensure implementation of training framework.
- Other duties that may be assigned by your supervisors.
- University Graduate in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related discipline. A Master’s Degree and/or professional certification in the field is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of HR Processes, governance, compensation and benefits, Learning and Talent Development, Labor Laws, and Employee Relations.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 5 years’ work experience, 3 of which should preferably be in a senior position in Human Resources Management in the banking Industry or private sector
- Demonstrated leadership skills with good command of oral and written knowledge of English.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
Applicant should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria giving full details of previous and current employment, qualifications, Copy of your academic certificates and referees to General Manager, Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited, P.0. Box 7811 Moshi. & E-mail: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Uchumi Commercial bank Limited within fourteen days (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward your applications before the 21st March 2023