Retail Credit Jobs at NMB Bank Nafasi za kazi NMB Bank: Learn more about NMB Bank and its vacancies, take a look and apply to NMB Bank jobs in Tanzania. ajira mpya NMB Bank.
To lead the Retail Credit function by competent management, assessment, administration, inspection, monitoring, and reporting on the retail credit risk of the bank. This ensures the sustainably profitable position of the bank by originating and maintaining a Retail credit portfolio which contributes to the strategy of the bank.
Retail Credit Jobs at NMB Bank
NMB Bank Plc., is a commercial bank in Tanzania. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, the central bank and national banking regulator.
|Position||Head Retail Credit (1 Position(s))|
|Job Location||Head Office|
- Manage the Retail credit function to assess the business and financial risks in credit applications through reviews and approvals/rejections of credit applications, as measured by feedback to Credco and Chief Credit Officer (CCO).
- Analyze and manage the credit analysis requirements for counterpart risk and issuer risk. Entities include Commercial, MSME, Agri-Retail and Personal, as measured through their reviews.
- Member of all Credit related Management committees and an invitee to Board Credit Committee.
- Engage in front office liaison to identify and mitigate credit risk at the earliest stages and ensure that business is properly structured to maximize the banks protection against credit loss in order to identify hot spots, sweet spots and black swans in the portfolio.
- Organize and partake in training of the business and credit teams on Credit skills, lending product knowledge, lending rules and criteria and work ethics.
- Facilitate, develop, and design the reporting and monitoring of credit risk for counterparties and issuers in conjunction with credit reporting and control functions within the department in order to publish both monthly LPQR Credco report and Quarterly report to the board.
- Support the CCO in the risk aggregation process.
- Develop credit risk measurement methodology.
- Represent the bank at meetings with Bank of Tanzania, Tanzania Banks Association, and other external parties.
- Ensure full compliance, provide oversight as well as monitor the implementation of various consumer protection requirements across business area/Unit.
- Manage the credit risk related policies and procedures of the bank as well as staffing and development of the function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Credit decisioning and leadership, specialist asset management, credit law, wholesale and retail credit
- Technical – Business understanding of structured transactions
- Behavioural – Leadership of Change, Adaptability, Coaching, Delegation, Managing Employee Performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Law, or Economics. A Master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- 5 years working experience as Head of Credit or in Senior Retail Credit leadership role.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Job closing date : 27-Sep-2023