Resource Mobilization and Communication officer Jobs at Vi Agroforestry is a Swedish development organisation fighting poverty and climate change together. The organisation supports smallholder farmer families to lift themselves out of poverty through sustainable agriculture land management (SALM) based on agroforestry. What started as a tree planting initiative in 1983, is today an expert organisation implementing development projects through local partnerships with member-based farmer organisations.
Resource Mobilization and Communication officer Jobs at Vi Agroforestry
The aim is to reduce poverty, hunger, deforestation, harmful gendered norms, and contribute to increased mitigation, resilience and adaptation to climate change, increased biodiversity and sustainable food systems. Current projects and programmes target smallholder farmer families – especially women, youth and children – in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The head office in Stockholm, Sweden focuses on fundraising, advocacy, and programme monitoring and evaluation. The regional office in Nairobi, Kenya coordinates operations, advocacy and expertise. Projects and partnerships are managed by country offices.
Purpose of the position
The position is responsible for improved and increased resource mobilisation in Tanzania country office, as well as visibility of the organisation towards strategic donors, stakeholders and general public. It involves scanning for opportunities, coordination of the resource mobilisation process, guiding the concept and proposal writing process at country level, visibility of Vi Agroforestry to donors, building relationship with donors, as well as training of staff on Resource mobilisation and communication. The role also serves to encourage and support new innovations. The Resource Mobilisation and Communication officer reports to the Country Manager.
Vi Agroforestry is a human rights-based organisation. The core values of non-discrimination, meaningful participation, accountability, transparency, empowerment and continued learning guide all work – including the work with partners. People are stronger together and sustainable development requires respect for human rights, democracy and the environment. Through all actions, Vi Agroforestry therefore seeks to live by the principles of respect, transparency and together.
• Promote and support the interest of Vi Agroforestry
• Be committed to and contribute to the fulfillment the Vi Agroforestry Strategy
• Ensure adherence to Vi Agroforestry policies, guidelines, operating procedures and workplans.
• Ensure compliance to donor requirements.
• Ensure high quality in all that we do.
• Be committed to fighting corruption and fraud and always report when there is any kind of suspicion.
• Ensure that gender is mainstreamed, and Gender Transformation is promoted in all our operations
• Keep abreast with the development in your area of responsibility
• Liaise with partner organizations, researchers, and other relevant stakeholders
• Contribute to effective cooperation between staff in the global organization
• Contribute to a healthy work environment at the workplace
• Support teamwork and assist each other as needs arise
• Upon request from the manager, fulfil other tasks at the country office/regional office or department level.
• Keep your manager updated on opportunities and challenges as well as on the progress on your assignments. Make sure you inform your manager well in advance if you have difficulties meeting your deadlines.
• Contribute to development and implementation of risk management plans, work plans and budgets for the office.
• Be responsible for the overall Resource mobilization, visibility and communication processes in the Country office.
• In collaboration with Country Manager ensure compliance and implementation of policies, guidelines and other steering documents relating to Resource Mobilization, visibility and communication.
• In collaboration with Country Manager design strategic donor plans
• Plan and Coordinate donor relations in the country office including the development and promotion of strategic alliances with donor organisations and other strategic actors.
• Undertake mapping and donor assessments; and identify funding opportunities for Vi Agroforestry and partner organisations.
• Be responsible for Vi Agroforestry’s visibility towards prioritized donors.
• Develop concept notes/proposals in close collaboration with country staff and partner organizations.
• Guide programme staff in design of projects and writing proposals.
• Be responsible for training and supporting staff on Resource mobilization, project design and communication.
• Strive to reach the Resource Mobilization (RM) turnover target as set in the RM Strategy and report the progress to the country manager monthly.
• Timely planning and delivery of concepts, proposals and reports.
• Encourage and support new innovations.
• Train staff on innovation and make follow up of initiatives in the organization.
• Be part of QA of proposals and reports
• Compile Tanzania Country office Monthly or Quarterly reports to Regional office.
• Support program staff on advocacy on need basis, relating to visibility and communication towards identified stakeholders.
• Be responsible in Tanzania Country office for communication material requests from Regional Office and Head Office.
• Support in postings on social media and website; and be responsible for all communication relating to events in Tanzania country office and partners.
• University degree in a relevant area for the position
Other professional qualifications:
• Knowledgeable on grant management and compliance issues.
• Experience from working with big donors (EU, USAID, Embassies and others).
• Experience from proposal writing and very good knowledge in the English language.
• Having a strong network and good networking skills.
• Good communication skills and experience with branding and visibility
• Good understanding of donor requirements and reporting of project results
• Good knowledge on common IT tools.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience from the NGO sector
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience on Grant management and Resource mobilization
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience on communication, visibility and branding in development or related fields.
• Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
• Leadership skills
• Accountable, honest, responsible and trust building personality
• Respectful and Transparent
• Good planning and analytical skills
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Collaborative skills
• Good networking skills
• Structured personality
• Flexible and creative personality
• Self-driven personality
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected] no later than Friday 13th October 2023. With subject heading, ‘RESOURCE MOBILISATION AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER TANZANIA’.
The employment is a fixed term contract position with a six months’ probation period.
We look forward to receiving your thoughtful application. Your time in preparing your application is much appreciated, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.