Research and Policy Internship at UONGOZI Institute May, 2023 – In This Article, are you looking for Greetings from the UONGOZI Institute, Learn more about working at UONGOZI Institute, including current UONGOZI Institute job openings. UONGOZI Institute ajira mpya Jobs In Tanzania.
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
As one of the core departments of the Institute, the Research and Policy Department plays an important role in enhancing the Institute’s philosophy of achieving sustainable development through competent leadership. It fosters the sharing of ideas and stimulates discussions on matters of socio-economic growth and
sustainable development in Africa through highlevel policy dialogues, action research, leadership memoirs, televised interviews, Resource Centre (library) and technical support.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the coordination of the Department’s activities, reporting directly to the Researcher(s).
This role exposes fresh graduates to research, knowledge and information tools, as well as marketing and administrative tasks. It involves:
- Supporting the organisation of national and regional high-level policy dialogues, as well as research and technical workshops
- Assisting to conduct research to inform topics and themes for the high-level policy dialogues.
- Assisting to prepare relevant publications/materials for research and policy events.
- Drafting and dispatching letters to participants of various department’s events.
- Updating the clients database from research and policy events for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Supporting the Resource Centre activities, including exhibiting its resources during research and policy events, registering new members, and responding to queries from its users.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a threemonth contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science or relevant Social Sciences field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with research experience will have an added advantage.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our team by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line “Research Intern” by 31 May 2023. The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.