Receptionist & Office Attendant at Ifakara Health Institute 2023;- Are you looking for Nafasi za kazi Ifakara Health Institute, ajira mpya Ifakara Health Institute, job at Ifakara Health Institute, careers at Ifakara Health Institute, Ifakara Health Institute new vacancies, Ifakara Health Institute shortlisted candidates, Ifakara Health Institute jobs, Ifakara Health Institute job opening.
Receptionist & Office Attendant at Ifakara Health Institute 2023
Position: Receptionist & Office Attendant (1 Post)
Reports To: Program & Admin Assistant
Work Station: Katavi
Apply By: March 20th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced candidate to join the Shinda Malaria Project as a Receptionist and Office Attendant. Important: Kindly note that this position is for applicants residing in Katavi Region only.
The Receptionist cum Office Attendant will be the first point of contact at the entrance of the main door at Shinda Malaria Field Office in Mpanda – Katavi. Furthermore; she/he will also ensure cleanliness of the entire office and equipment. In addition; she/he will also provide word-processing and remote secretarial support such as scanning, photocopying and binding; assist in the arranging projects meetings which are set to be held at the office conference room and assist the Program & Admin Assistant and Regional Project Manager in managing the office calendar.
About Shinda Malaria
Shinda Malaria is a five-year project (August 2022 – August 2027) implemented by Ifakara Health Institute, which supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in reducing malaria burden and in moving towards malaria elimination. The Project is made possible by the support of the American people through the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Shinda Malaria works with the GOT to reduce malaria burden and move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination―while achieving USAID’s strategy to support institutional growth and capacity development for local institutions. The Project addresses the urgent healthcare needs of malaria at-risk populations, especially vulnerable pregnant women and children under five, and support Tanzania partners to grow and execute malaria programs sustainably and successfully.
The project primarily works to support both facility- and community-based malaria activities in all districts of Katavi region, as well as making contributions to the national malaria priorities through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP).
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Frontline Reception Duties
- Ensure tidiness of the reception area and the office in general.
- Maintain security of the office; and ensuring that the offices are properly locked at the end of the day.
- Provide excellent front-line service to visitors and Shinda Malaria colleagues.
- Answer phone calls promptly, providing accurate details/information, and transfer to the appropriate person if need-be.
- Take accurate messages/information from calls, or visitors.
- Directs visitors to the appropriate office or staff member.
- Receive and dispatch newspapers to the respective departments/sections, or senior staff.
2. Mail and Courier Duties
- Receives all parcels delivered through reception desk and directs them to the respective addressees;
- Process incoming and outgoing mails promptly and accurately.
3. Cleanliness Duties
- Clean office premises including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing and cleaning smudges off windows and doors.
- Remove trash in office areas, conference room and in the kitchen.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms daily.
- May be required to shop for cleaning supplies as needed.
- May be required to stock kitchen and board room supplies as needed.
- Responsible for reporting repairs and replacements encountered when executing daily tasks.
- Prepare and serve tea.
- Cleaning of kitchen utensils.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
4. Administrative Support Duties
- Provide transportation support and guidance to staff and Project visitors.
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support such as scanning, photocopying and binding.
- Ensure availability of all institutional forms at the reception which are used for different activities.
- Assist in the arranging/organizing for Project meetings at Shinda Malaria conference rooms.
- Receive all tender applications/documents as requested by the procurement unit.
- Daily recording and monitoring of office consumables and control on time.
- Perform any other related duties as directed by your supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate or diploma level of education in secretarial or administration or record keeping, office management or related discipline.
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, front office representative/attendant, or similar role.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Competency in computer applications i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional attitude and appearance, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday March 20th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RECEPTIONIST & OFFICE ATTENDANT – SHINDA MALARIA.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Priority will be given to candidates residing in Katavi.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]