Quality Assurance & Testing Lead Job Vacancy At Equity Bank 2023;- Our values are intrinsically weaved into our business, flowing through every aspect of our day to day and embracing it as our culture. They are reflections of what we believe in and as guiding principles provide a standard through which we measure ourselves.
Officer – Quality Assurance & Testing Lead
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit a passionate and self-driven individuals to fill the position below.
- Job Title: Officer – Quality Assurance & Testing Lead
- Reports to: ICT Project Manager
- The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
- This individual will also gather and analyse data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
- The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- Experience as a QA Officer for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Server Networking Services/general understanding
- Strong knowledge of system testing metrics, best practices, and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- System Analysis, Decision Making, Relationship Development
- Confidence and Excellent technical skills
- First degree in Business or ICT related Discipline; an MBA is an added advantage. Knowledge of business modelling conventions and/or a mainstream software development framework (e.g. CMMI) are an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years IT Service Delivery experience or Minimum of 2 years Technical Account Management and Project Management experience for Financial Services ICT solution Provider
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received no later than June 20, 2023.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.