Nafasi za kazi Sightsavers is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners in developing countries to treat and prevent avoidable blindness, and promote equality for people with visual impairments and other disabilities
|Job title||Project Driver|
|Salary||Local terms and conditions apply|
|Location||Chalinze District Council, Pwani region, Tanzania|
|Contract||6 month Fixed Term Contract, with a view to extending dependant on funding|
|Hours||Full time 35 hours per week|
We are looking for a Project Driver to provide reliable and safe driving services for our staff, partners, and goods. The Project Driver will assist with transport logistics, and will be responsible for maintaining vehicles in a cost effective manner.
- Provide transportation for programme staff, related partners, and project visitors.
- Follow up the driver planning, and scheduling using project Calendar and register transportation requests.
- Deliver/distribute project goods to the respective districts.
- Schedule periodical vehicle examination for service.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, and keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary – Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A full valid Driving licence with a clean record
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working experience of vehicle maintenance
- The ability to work at night, weekends and on holidays when required
- Knowledge of government partners, including the Ministry of Health and local government authorities
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Candidates are welcome to demonstrate their ability to match the person specification by expanding on how their experience, training and/or qualifications might have provided them with the knowledge or skills required for the role. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
Sightsavers offers a reward package based on local pay, local contracts and local benefits and will not normally offer international contracts. Sightsavers is committed to investing in the training and development of its employees and offers a supportive work environment.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please your CV via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that interviews will take place during the week of 10 July and the evaluation process will include a Driving Test and Oral interview, to be completed on separate days.
Closing date: 2 July 2023
As a global equal opportunities employer, Sightsavers is committed to embracing diversity throughout our workforce by creating an inclusive environment that reflects the many cultures and locations where we work. Our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and we will actively promote the inclusion of individuals with a disability. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.