Production Manager Job at Halisi Agri 2023;- Halisi Agri is a company focusing on the processing of high quality sesame seeds and their derivative products for the export market.
Reports To: The Directors
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This is a key project management role with a highly technical focus. The Production Manager is responsible for managing sesame processing at the facility, and will drive equipment rehabilitation, calibration, and maintenance during the contract period. The PM will also oversee sourcing of raw materials, ensuring it meets required quality parameters.
This will require significant problem-solving capabilities as well as hiring local talent to build an effective operational team. The Production Manager will ultimately be responsible for ensuring maximum efficiency of the machinery and that the output quality meets customer requirements.
Working with the Directors, the Production Manager will also play a key role in creating systems that can be used for continued operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision and quality control of incoming raw materials
- Supervision and quality control of sesame processing operations
- Lead operation, maintenance, and calibration of the machinery
- Create and review SOPs for smooth flow of raw materials to final output
- Scheduling and implementation of preventative maintenance
- Supervising in house workshop and outsourcing of repairs if required
- Assistance in local hiring and building of the technical and operational teams
- Training of workers on proper operation of equipment
- Reporting on operational equipment efficiency and minimizing downtime
- Support Directors on managing relations with the range of government agencies relevant to the company
- Ensure compliance with relevant government agencies and export standards
- Financial reporting of operational expenditures
- Reporting of daily activities to Directors
- Engage with Directors on projects and activities that further the goals of the company
No formal education is required, however the following qualifications are required:
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience in a sesame operation, inclusive of equipment maintenance and commissioning
- Leadership experience in an operational role (e.g., line manager, production manager)
- Engineering or other technical background
- Experience sourcing and processing sesame in Tanzania
- English language fluency is required; working knowledge of Swahili is preferred
- Commitment to seek the right answer to problems across a range of disciplines and settings
Duration: Initial contract period of 3 months consultancy – potential to extend to full time position depending on performance.
Package: Commensurate with experience