Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions – come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
Production Assistant: Mine Geology Job at AngloGold Ashanti
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world’s largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a motivated Open Pit Production Assistant to join our Mine Geology team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
- Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, you will assist Mine Geologists with all aspects of production activities including grade control, data validation, liaising with contractors, conducting inspections and monitoring of mining activities.
- This is a site-based role on an 8/6 roster from Perth or Kalgoorlie.
- Monitoring ore mining activities, identifying and communicating issues affecting quality of ore mining methods
- Validation of daily material movement data with regards to loading and haulage
- Liaising with mining contractors on production reporting data, data QAQC and validation
- Providing interface between production and geology department
- BMM (Blast Movement Monitoring) installation, design and transformation using BMM software
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team by constructively identifying opportunities and testing solutions
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, you will demonstrate –
- An experienced Geology Technician or Pit Technician will be highly regarded for this role
- A strong commitment to safety, quality, and teamwork
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- The ability to work independently
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Current manual Western Australian ‘C’ class drivers license
- Permanent work rights in Australia
- A National Police Clearance
- Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.
- AdCode: 21343
- Category: Mine Geology
- Custom Field 2: Market Related
- Custom Field 1: Jul 4, 2023