Procurement Officer Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) Latest TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of the horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
Procurement Officer Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
TAHA is currently implementing a 5-year USAID funded project called USAID “Tuhifadhi Chakula” activity. The purpose of the Project is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. The project is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing postharvest handling issues within key value chains with a major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. The project will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which improve food handling, storage and value addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organizations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
|Positions||11 Procurement Officer|
|Reporting to||Procurement Manager|
|Duty station||Arusha, Tanzania|
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for assisting sourcing, acquiring, and managing goods and services. This role entails maintaining efficient supplier relationships, ensuring timely delivery of materials and equipment, and contributing to the overall success of the procurement function.
Scope of work
- Identify potential suppliers and vendors for required goods and services.
- Conduct market research to stay informed about industry trends, pricing, and product availability.
- Develop and issue procurement requests to solicit competitive bids from suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier proposals, negotiate terms, and select suitable vendors while considering cost, quality, and delivery timelines.
- Ensure all procurement activities adhere to relevant laws, regulations, and ethical practices.
- Ensure compliance with organizational procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive procurement records, including purchase orders, contracts, and supplier communication.
- Review and validate supplier documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Foster positive and collaborative relationships with suppliers to facilitate effective communication and resolve issues.
- Assist to monitor supplier performance and conduct regular assessments to ensure quality and adherence to contractual terms.
- Work closely with suppliers to address any disputes, concerns, or quality-related matters.
- Coordinate with internal departments to forecast and plan procurement needs accurately.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet project or operational requirements.
- Monitor delivery schedules, track shipments, and address any delays or discrepancies in collaboration with suppliers and logistics teams.
- Assist in budget preparation and cost estimation for procurement needs.
- Seek cost-effective sourcing options without compromising quality or operational efficiency.
- Analyse and report on procurement-related expenditures, identifying potential cost-saving opportunities.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics management or any other related field. Must be a Certified Procurement and Supply Professional (CPSP).
- Proven work experience of at least 4 years in roles related to procurement, logistics, supplying management
- Strong communication, Negotiation, Planning & coordination, management, and leadership skills; goal-oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure; strong budgeting, Internet, and computer skills, ability to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
|Experience in Months||48|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
- Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
- 1. Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: [email protected].
- 2. Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
- 3. Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for. For example: “APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION.”
- 4. Focus on One Application: Applicants are requested to apply for one specific vacancy only. Multiple applications for different positions will not be accepted.
- 5. Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, 12th September, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- 6. Adherence: Please carefully adhere to all instructions provided above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in your application not being reviewed.
The successful candidate will be remunerated according to the TAHA salary scale, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other employment benefits will be as per the organization’s policy
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.