Procurement Officer Jobs at SUMAIT The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) is built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (UCEZ) established in 1998 by a charity organization, Kuwait based, Direct-Aid (DA). In line with her expansion, the University is also restructuring her programs and creating positions to accommodate her current needs.
Therefore, Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and competent Individuals to fill the academic and Administrative vacant posts as follows: –
Procurement Officer Jobs at SUMAIT
|Procurement Officer (1 Post)|
|Reports to||University Bursar|
|Location||Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT)|
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any other related field PLUS Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) Certificate with at least three years working experience in related field.
- Extensive experience in procurement and supplies form the educational institutions or admissions and Registration.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To prepare tender advertisement documents.
- To issue approved tendering and contract documents.
- To communicate with user Departments on procurement needs/plan.
- To collect and maintain market price data base on various products.
- To verify procurement payment vouchers.
- To prepare and review bidding documents and oversee evaluation of tender documents.
- To procure goods and services as per provided specifications by users and supervise receipts.
- To maintain Register of all contracts awarded.
- To ensure and implement best practices in areas of work specialization.
- To undertake clearing and forwarding of goods.
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of the University’s procurement plan.
- To ensure contracts comply with bench marking, quality assurance, service levels and the Organization internal policies.
- To develop and encourage alternative procurement and partnership arrangements that aims for best value service delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants should apply to the strength of the information given in this advertisement
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), otherwise, your request will not be considered.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal actions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Salary and Remunerations
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT), Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 24 th September 2023. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
- Vice Chancellor,
- Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT),
- P.O. Box 1933,
- Email: [email protected]