Procurement Officer Careers at ITM Tanzania
|Job Category||Logistics/ Transportation/ Procurement jobs in Tanzania|
|Deadline of this Job||Wednesday, May 10 2023|
|Duty Station||Dar es Salaam|
|No of Jobs||1|
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management /project management/ /Business Administration or any other related field
Relevant Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in the facilities and administration field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Registering and licensing all company vehicles.
• Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
• Manage day to day vehicle routes and update the same in vehicle tracker report.
• Document, Analyze and take remedial action/reward on driver behavior utilizing verbal and tracking tools with help of HR department
• Conduct police fine check via online system and follow up to payment of any existing fines from the company/ driver.
• Ensure all vehicles have assigned fuel cards and monitor proper consumption of fuel.
• Ensure all vehicles have updated tracking system, approved by the CEO and that the system is functioning accordingly behaving accordingly.
- Similar Jobs in Tanzania
- Learn more about ITM Tanzania Limited
- ITM Tanzania Limited jobs in Tanzania
• Manage all vehicle branding as per brand guidelines and ensure the quality is upkept.
• Performance manage drivers and put in a traffic light system for penalty or reward.
• Confirm that all drivers have up-to-date drivers license.
• Ensure all vehicles have valid insurance cover.
• Put the vehicles into service contracts with basket of parts in place for vehicles and service intervals being responded to timely.
• Ensure all vehicles are serviced timely and properly record all costs assosicated with vehicle maintenance whilst the branch managers undertake your instructions with the help of the Operations Manager.
• Ensure all invoices associated with vehicles are paid timely.
• Report immediately (less than 24 hours) to HR department incases of accidents, vehicle damage, driver misbehavior and/or any other issue that may affect vehicle and driver performance.
• Be accountable for the implementation of specialist trainings for induction or PIP or recoaching or skill building required onto Drivers.
• Update SOP on vehicle usage and ensure the SOP is properly followed along with Policies with approval of the CEO.
• Ensure drivers attend trainings as arranged by service providers and human resources department at least 1 every month.
• Have weekly reviews with drivers in a format that allows to understand and collate issues.
• Be part of the interviewing process and selection of drivers by organizing a panel of interview/testing required.
• Ensure all vehicles are well equipped with all neccesary equipments as per road safety guides.
• Inspect condition of vehicles through physical inspection or via other means where the vehicle is upcountry.
• Manage the entire process in the planning of items and/or service ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
• Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery items/services
• Be responsible for introducing process improvements by modfying and implementing procurement SOP with approval from the CEO
• Ensure full compliance with AAL procurement rules, regulations, procurement policies and procedures.
• Develop and manage the list of suppliers.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
• Put in place a cost saving initiatives and ghost tenders to rebase suppliers
• Put in place a 3 vetted supplier system for all types of services and review quality with suppliers based on company requirements
• Have put in place a strategy to rebase supplier basis at least to be utilized every 6 months.
• Prepare service delivery contracts, leases and purchase orders for all acquisition needs for departments and branches.
• Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system s/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s suppliers;
• Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all suppliers complaints and concerns are addressed promptly
• So to create a vendor portal for registration and vetting process of all suppliers, where tenders can be issued.
• Oversee the procurement of equipment that is being made and the process for purchases with OEM suppliers so as to lodge and be able to gate the procured items by the company
• Have visibility of 360 degrees of the procurement needs of the company (nothing should be procured without your knowledge)
• Assist finance with the Asset Tagging initiative for any assets purchased in the company and set asset tagging as part of the norm to ensure all assets purchases become registered to the company.
Functional / Technical Skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Versatile and flexible
• People person with excellent communication skills
• Team player, hands on and action plan driven
• Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
• Focus and results driven
• Able to lead teams and be hands-on – team player
• Excellent at reporting and giving visibility
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants Click Here To Apply