Power Specialist Job Vacancy at Helios Towers – Driving the growth of communications in Africa and the Middle East Helios Towers is a market-leading telecom tower infrastructure company
Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company, having established one of the most extensive tower portfolios across Africa. It builds, owns and operates telecom passive infrastructure, providing services to mobile network operators. Helios Towers currently operates in 6 markets in Africa and has recently signed agreements to enter 4 new markets in Africa and Oman in the Middle East.
Reporting to Engineering Manager, you will oversee the implementation and operation of Power Specialist.
As a Power Specialist, you will be able to:
- Enforcement of HTA Mandated Energy Management Practices within HTT
- Highlight potential conflicts/solutions where Group mandated, and locally mandated energy efficiency practices differ significantly.
- Identify OPEX Risks and Issues within Helios and our Maintenance Partners, where there is little, or no energy efficiency measures enforced.
- Measure the performance of existing deployed Energy savings against OPEX costs.
- Work alongside the Incident and Problem Managers to identify trends\risks\issues.
- Optimize Energy focused OPEX saving solutions already deployed in the field.
- Measure and produce a monthly OPEX Energy Cost Metric across the HTT network.
- Technical focal point for power related products & services
- Production of policy, process and standards documents and technical reports on specific products within the network.
- Provide guidance on industry energy management Best Practice.
- Ensure all employees have the proper tools, training, and personal protective equipment.
- Perform weekly site inspections and submit the reports to HTT SHEQ Department every week.
- Ensure that all health, safety, and environmental incidents are reported to SHEQ department at all times as per HTT incident reporting procedures.
- Ensure that OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001, and ISO 9001 & legal compliance are fully implemented and are maintained.
- Adhere to HTT defined processes and procedures.
Requirements for the Role
To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years related experience as a field engineer or project engineer in a telecommunications, networking, or service management role.
- Effective Communication
- Building and supporting teams’ teamwork
- Takes initiative.
- Works independently.
- Manages time.
Helios Towers is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.