7 PMTCT and Pediatrics Services Officer Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
7 PMTCT and Pediatrics Services Officer Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position||PMTCT and Pediatrics Services Officer (7)|
|position Work Station||Mara (3), Simiyu (3), Zanzibar (1)|
|Reports to||Regional Project Manager|
The PMTCT and Pediatric Services officer will support the deliverance of comprehensive and quality HIV prevention, care, and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals the epidemic control and specifically oversee all PMTCT and Pediatric related services. S/He will provide technical assistance to facilities in collaboration with the R/CHMTs, and directly report to Regional Program Manager while technically reporting to PMTCT/Pediatric Advisor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of all PMTCT/Peds activities in the supported regions
- Support HTS, Care, and Treatment for Preventing MTCT and work with facility providers to implement Pediatric Services according to the National Guidelines
- Ensure all pregnant women within the catchment area are identified, attend RCH, tested for HIV, and know their status with their sexual partners, and those who are Positive for HIV are effectively linked to C &
- Track the performance of the district and provide technical support for improving low- performing districts and health facilities
- Ensure the district has updated PMTCT tools for PMTCT service provision (guidelines, SOPs, job aids, M&E tools)
- Coordinate all Pediatrics and EID-related mentorship, training, and capacity building in the recipient’s districts.
- Work closely with the facilities, Community IPs, CSO, and FBOs to develop effective linkage and retention strategies for pregnant mothers and the related infants
- Lead Pediatric and EID program reporting on periodic program events (monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc) on all clinical-related matters and provide relevant contribution
- Collaborate with the district team to develop supportive supervision and mentorship plans focused on PMTCT and Pediatric service delivery.
- Ensure availability of equipment and supplies for PMTCT service provision
- In collaboration with the M&E program officer enhance monitoring of program implementation and realize program outcome
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A doctor of medicine/nursing degree/ diploma in a health-related
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing
- At least 3 years of “hands-on experience” in PMTCT/Ped HIV prevention, care, and treatment program in resource limited country
- Experience working in public health NGO
- Experience working with Local government and the Ministry of Health
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be