Optometry tutor Jobs at Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health (TTCIH) is a Health Training Institution, established in 2006 under a public-private partnership arrangement between the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoHSW), now, Ministry of Health (MoH), Novartis Foundation, now Novartis International AG, and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute. TTCIH aims to support the Tanzanian Government’s effort to strengthen human resources for health development. The Institution is based in Ifakara, Ifakara Town Council, Tanzania.
The Institution is looking for a qualified and experienced Tanzanian candidate to fill the vacant position of optometry tutor. S/he will be based in Ifakara, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To teach students from NTA levels 4 to 6
• To supervise and oversee the learning process of the students
• To perform other duties may be assigned by the Head of Department and the Centre administration.
• To provide health services to patients at St. Francis Referral Hospital
• To provide technical skills to student at Optometry Laboratory
• Examining and evaluating students in the allocated subject, and marking their exams
• Observing and complying with the teaching schedules.
• Complying with TTCIH work system and regulations.
• Attending all staff academic meetings as scheduled by the Head of Department.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Optometry
• Teaching experience of at least 2 years
• A valid practicing license
• A certificate in Teaching Methodology is an added advantage.
• An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per the TTCIH salary scale.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree.
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae(CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers, and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email below.
The deadline for this application is 17.00hrs Tuesday 24th of October 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include optometry tutor. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resource Manager
Tanzanian Training Centre For International Health (TTCIH)
Email: [email protected]