New Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Procurement and Logistics Officer– Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs Description
Managing the procurement and logistics functions of the Country Office including timely procurement of equipment, materials and services, and travel/transportation of the Country Office.
Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs Main Function/Responsibilities
- Manage the procurement of equipment, supplies and other project materials in accordance with FHI 360 regulations.
- Manage the process of vendor selection, sole source determination, and quotation analysis to ensure that all procurement is timely and compliant with the policies and procedures of USAID and FHI 360.
- Ensure maintenance of complete documentation of procurements that includes all important records and documents relating to requisition, vendor selection, and purchase order approvals from FHI 360, USAID guidance, and Tanzania Government and Tax Authority exemptions
- Provide oversight for system for maintaining records of items purchased without VAT exemption, as required by FHI and USAID to document VAT amounts paid by the Country Office.
- Ensure service contracts, insurance policies for office property and leases are renewed in a timely manner in accordance with the contracting policies of FHI 360. Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs
- Manage inventory of assets in collaboration with the Finance Department and in accordance with FHI360 and USAID regulations
- Manages the office vehicle fleet and ensures maintenance and timely fuel supply for all FHI360 vehicles.
- Supervises the effective storage and rational use of office equipment and supplies
- Establish, enhance and facilitate professional relations by:
Fostering and maintaining good working relations with client counterparts including Project Directors, vendors and counterparts within GoT.
Working closely and constructively with administration staff to maintain a clear information flow in a timely and synchronized manner. Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs
Maintaining records, including expenditure records and planning/developing database, formats for the unit to improve tracking, inventory and service efficiencies.
Tracking client output indicators for procurement and logistics support.
Preparing regular reports on status including making recommendations to Supervisor.
Identifying issues related to the delivery of administration services and taking action to coordinate and resolve them appropriately.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Administration, Commerce or related field with 3-5 yrs of relevant experience OR Advanced Diploma in Business, Procurement Management, Commerce or related field, plus 5-7 years relevant- experience
- Experience in procurement, cost accounting and a profound knowledge of materials management.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex procurement context.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills. Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and interaction capabilities with all staff levels of the organization to resolve problem situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and leadership skills in supporting an operation team.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills; ability to establish price reasonableness and appropriate action in financial transactions.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.