2 New Job Vacancies at The Africa Island Church Tanzania (AICT) is headquartered in Mwanza. The church was founded in 1909 under the supervision of the Africa Inland Mission (AIM). The church began to govern itself, become independent and spread itself under the very first Bishop Jeremiah Kisula (1939 to 1984) who was followed by Bishop Methusela Paulo Nyagwaswa (1985 to 1993).
The growth of the Church changed the system and established Six Dioceses in 1993 which are Mwanza, Shinyanga, Geita, Mara and Ukerewe, Pwani and Tabora.
AICT Central Diocese is the seventh Diocese established in November 2022, this Diocese oversees ten regions which are Ruvuma, Njombe, Iringa, Mbeya, Songwe, Dodoma. Singida, Manyara, Arusha and Kilimanjaro. Its headquarters are at AICT Kizota Dodoma. The Bishop of the Diocese is Amos Katoto Ngeze.
2 New Job Vacancies at The Africa Island Church Tanzania (AICT)
The Church preaches and teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ correctly and serves man in his perfection based on the Word of God.
The AICT Church has established a Strategic Plan 2019 – 2024 with five goals, among those goals, the second goal is about strengthening and expanding social services for all people in the fields of health, education and economy. In order to facilitate the implementation of this goal, the AICT Church has entered into a joint partnership with the Partner Compassion International Tanzania with registration number 1-NGO/R1/0040 for the service of youth development.
CHILD AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SERVICE AREA
AICT Central Diocese provides youth and youth development services in the Village/Street Church which are AICT Magambua, AICT Pahi, AICT Msamala, AICT Majengo, AICT Endulen and AICT Olpiro and Endamaga. AICT Msamala Church and Buildings need youth and youth ministry workers. These churches are cooperating in the implementation of the project with the Partner Compassion International Tanzania.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2)
AICT Central Diocese in collaboration with Compassion International Tanzania is announcing two job vacancies for the youth and youth development service project in Kania at Majengo Street and Msamala. The two required workers are listed below:
i) Center Coordinator
The Coordinator of the Child and Adolescent Development (Service) Center is an employee of the Church. He will supervise the performance of other employees in achieving the development activities of service activities throughout the life of the Child and Youth Care center. He will oversee the vision of the overall development of the child and youth.
He will be directly responsible to the Secretary of the Diocese and supervised by the Pastor of the respective Church.
Duties and responsibilities of the Child and Adolescent Development Center Coordinator
- He will testify to Jesus Christ faithfully and be an advocate for children and young people.
- He will prepare the annual plan of the co-partner of the child and youth development center in collaboration with all stakeholders and submit to the Child Care Committee for confirmation and approval by the church leadership.
- Enter and manage the implementation of the partner program as approved in the Compassion Connect system.
- Will fill in attendance information for individual beneficiaries in the Compassion Connect information system
- He will supervise and coordinate all the activities of other employees and volunteers in the Child and Youth Development Center.
- He will submit a written report on the performance and development of the center to the committee, church leadership and the service of Compassion International Tanzania as required by all relevant parties.
- He will ensure that all reports of other employees are prepared and submitted on time and with the required quality.
- He will ensure that all financial and children’s information is well taken care of and updated whenever needed.
- He will maintain the check book of the Child and Adolescent Development Center and approve all payments in accordance with the instructions given by the Child/Adolescent Service Committee and approved by the Pastor of the Church according to the financial guidelines of the Cooperative.
- He will be able to participate in the interview exercise to find all other Center Employees by giving professional opinions about the positions.
- He will ensure the environment of Beneficiaries at the center is safe for them to learn and participate in all programs of the center.
- He will supervise and be the main supervisor of the implementation of all the curricula used in the center.
- He will supervise all the teaching activities with the teachers of the beneficiaries.
- He will be among the teachers of the beneficiaries
- He will write various Scriptures and collaborate with other development stakeholders in the community for the various needs of children, parents and the center in general.
- He will encourage the availability of local resources for the infrastructure needed for the beneficiaries to learn.
- He will evaluate the progress of other employees of the Child Care Center and present his opinion to the Pastor of the Church where the center is located.
- He will closely monitor the spiritual, health, educational and social development of each target in the program.
- He will visit the beneficiaries in schools and at home, take appropriate action where necessary and give immediate information to the employer.
- He will be responsible for the expected results of the beneficiaries, performance indicators and audit results, according to the guidelines.
- He will supervise and coordinate all Child Protection activities at the Centre
- He will ensure that all beneficiaries write letters to their donors on time and at the required rates.
- He will make sure that all information about children and the Church in the Compassion connect information system is correct and updated.
- He will ensure that the gifts sent by donors reach the beneficiaries on time and one hundred percent.
- He will participate in the training organized for the service of the child and youth.
- He/she will support other employees of the Center and share their responsibilities when needed. This includes ensuring new staff members know their responsibilities at the Child and Youth Care Centre.
- He will report to the Pastor of the church and to the Child and Youth Care committee on the financial misappropriation or unsatisfactory behavior of one of the Center’s other employees.
- He will ensure that the children enrolled in the Center for funding are only those who meet the criteria set in the Partnership.
- He will conduct staff meetings once a month or more when necessary.
- He will fully participate in the daily morning services with all the employees before starting work.
- He will coordinate sessions and training for parents in collaboration with the leadership of the Church and the parents’ committee with the aim of motivating those people to be involved in the development of children.
- He will perform other official duties as assigned by the leadership of the Diocese Level and the church where the Compassion International Tanzania child care center and office is located.
Qualifications/Education/Skills of Child and Adolescent Development Center Coordinator.
- A Christian who was saved and confessed Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.
- Self-sacrificing, active in the Church and progressive, who likes to work with children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (from any university recognized/accepted by the Government).
- His degree should be in one of the following areas: Leadership/administration, business management, community development, child development, theology, teaching, sociology, project management, resource mobilization and leadership.
- Age starting from 25 years and not more than 40 years
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- Skilled in using Computers and its systems fluently.
- He should not have a history of child abuse, criminal offences, he should have a certificate of good behavior from the Police.
Finance and Communications
He will be directly responsible to the child’s Center Coordinator
a) Duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Communication Officer
- He will ensure that all books of accounts are properly maintained in a good and safe condition.
- He will be responsible for the preparation and issuance of all payment checks in the prescribed manner.
- He will ensure that all the entries from various receipts/receipts of money as well as their identifications in the book every day are well coordinated.
- He will prepare and submit information on the use of child care funds every month through the coordinator to the child care committee, the church leadership and finally the Compassion International Tanzania office.
- He will provide payment based on the decision of the committee and the child care coordinator as planned and in accordance with the financial policies and regulations of Compassion International Tanzania.
- He will deposit the child care money in a special account opened for the child care in the relevant bank.
- He will pay the school fees and other costs of the needs that will arise for the child/youth in the program.
- He will participate in visiting children/youths in their homes to know their progress according to PFM.
- He will prepare a report of his work on a weekly and monthly basis and then submit it to the coordinator of the child care center.
- He will encourage parents and guardians of children and members of the church to help children grow spiritually and make good progress in studies.
- He will collaborate with other child care workers in providing solutions to any challenges that may arise in child care work.
- He will participate in the activities of receiving and organizing children’s letters from and to donors.
- He will provide information to the child care committee, the lead pastor, the Diocese and the service offices of Compassion International Tanzania on misappropriation of money or bad behavior by one of the other child care workers when it appears.
- He will join with other workers to be part of the teachers of children/youths on program days.
- He/she will be involved in any other duties assigned/to be assigned by the coordinator of the child care center, committee, church leadership and Compassion International Tanzania service office.
- He will ensure that he fully participates in the morning ritual of all employees before starting work.
- Will attend and participate in parent meetings.
- He will attend and fully participate in staff meetings twice a month or more when necessary.
- May he be saved by those who love God and testify to him.
- Must have a Diploma in one of the fields of Accounting and finance
- Sufficient ability to use computers and financial systems through the Internet
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- Be between 25 and 40 years old and have experience with calculations and finance.
- Learning to work with adults with very little or no literacy.
- To help the target to understand the word of God in a way that makes sense to him.
HOW TO SEND A JOB APPLICATION
Qualified applicants should send their applications before 14/8/2023 at 10 pm
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR THE APPLICANT
i) Application letter
ii) Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant
iii) Copies of Vocational Certificates, Secondary Education, Birth Certificate/NIDA
iv) Letter of identification from the Pastor of the Church.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be notified by phone. Original certificates will be required during the interview.
The applicant should send the application by email to [email protected]
Applications should be directed to;
- Katibu wa Dayosisi
- AICT Dayosisi ya Kati,
- Area A, City Road No 1,
- S. L. P 1927
- DODOMA TANZANIA.
NB: All applications will be received by email only