National Immunization Technical Advisor Jobs at JSI Research and Training Institute Through its Immunization Center, JSI seeks to strengthen global, regional, and country efforts to improve Routine Immunization systems and increase coverage at scale in a sustainable and equitable way.
JSI is a global leader known for it unique focus on strengthening routine immunization as an integral part of the broader health system. JSI works at scale with Ministries of Health and partners to support the multiple interrelated components of the RI system, to improve equitable, high coverage through identifying, designing, and spreading promising new program approaches to sustainably overcome long-standing challenges.
National Immunization Technical Advisor Jobs at JSI Research and Training Institute
The National Immunization Technical Advisor, located in Tanzania, will lead and supervise a team to implement a Gavi-funded scope of work focused on providing direct technical support to identify, reach, and reduce zero dose children. The Senior Technical Advisor will engage with other partners and will collaborate with the Headquarters team, as well as other JSI staff in-country.
The National Immunization Technical Advisor will also be responsible for management and technical oversight of the project. The Advisor will report to the Senior Technical Advisor located at headquarters (in Washington, D.C.). The project is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Gavi-funded scope of work is looking to build on Tanzania’s current catch-up plan based on the 2020 EPI review that identified several underlaying barriers to immunization coverage in the lowest performing Councils. JSI will work to prioritize these activities in order of impact and further refined them together with EPI after contract award.
The National Immunizatin Technical Advisor will ensure the implementation of all the activities under the work plan in close collaboration with EPI and other partners, as well as the following specific tasks and attributions:
• Develop a workplan in coordination with EPI/MoH;
• Work in close collaboration with IVD to ensure alignment to their needs and direction;
• Work with Gavi Alliance core and expanded partners on shared areas of work to avoid duplication and leverage comparative advantages;
• Hold start-up meetings with other consultants, staff, and relevant stakeholders at the national level to present and discuss the workplan and maintain a professional relationship with EPI and stakeholders;
• Coordinate with Sub-national Immunization Officer(s) to ensure activities are planned and carried out in a timely manner;
• Lead the development of and review all technical deliverables;
• Coordinate activities among state-level officers
• Organize monthly meetings with the in-country team to keep up to date on the progress of activities, identify any challenges, and track deliverables;
• Coordinate and manage the technical aspects of the Gavi contract closely coordinating with the Activity Manager and the Finance and Operations Manager.
• Keep in regular contact (by email, phone, Skype, Slack etc.) with the JSI team located at headquarters;
• Work in liaison with the Project Manager and financial and administrative staff to ensure the smooth running of the program within the parameters of the budget.
This position requires;
• Advanced degree in public health or immunization or the equivalent in practical experience;
• At least ten years of direct experience with EPI program and/or immunization is required;
• Knowledge of the principles and practice of public health.
• Familiarity with immunization systems support such as implementation of outreach activities, vaccine management, cold chain, waste management and disposal, and vehicle management;
• Ability to review and analyze routine immunization data, monitor and present program progress;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-intervention health development program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners;
• Personal and professional commitment to gender equality;
• Ability to travel to/among districts when needed;
• Leadership and management experience is required;
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills with an ability to take initiative;
• Effective presentation and strong advocacy skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of partners and counterparts.
|Experience in Months||120|
|Level of Education||Postgraduate Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their proposals.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is” rolling basis until filled”
Please let us know if you have any questions or require any clarifications.