Nafasi za kazi Tax Assistant Management II Job at Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) – Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established under the Tanzania Revenue Authority Act No.11 0f 1995. The Authority is a semi-autonomous agency of the Government responsible for the administration of the Central Government taxes as well as several non-tax revenues. TRA is currently implementing the Sixth Corporate Plan (CP6: 2022/23 – 2026/27) with the Vision of “A Trusted Revenue Administration for Socio-economic Development” and the Mission of “We Make It Easy to Pay Tax and Enhance Compliance for Sustainable Development”.
Nafasi za kazi Tax Assistant Management II Job at Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
TRA would like to recruit qualified, dynamic and ethical personnel to fill positions in the Domestic Revenue, Customs and Excise, Human Resource and Administration, Information and Communication Technology, Board Secretariat and Legal Services, Procurement and Logistics, Research, Policy and Planning, Finance, Internal Audit, internal Affairs and Risk and Compliance Department. Applications are therefore invited from suitable qualified Tanzanians for the followings positions:
Key Responsibilities will include
- To process application for new taxpayers’ registration and facilitate issuance of Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- To manage return filing processes including identifying none and late filers. To manage tax assessments control records such as tax assessments levels, assessments in arrears and jeopardy cases.
- To prepare tax returns, assessments and revenue collection reports. To process non-account cases returns including withholding tax statements
- To trace missing taxpayers’ files.
- To prepare tax clearance certificates, registration of Motor Vehicles, issuance of
- Motor Vehicle annual licenses, issuance and renewal of drivers’ licenses.
- To manage objections and appeals controls such as Registers and Tax Stand over orders.
- To gather and file tax information.
- To assist in conducting physical and compliance surveillance surveys To prepare cases for enforcement activities.
- To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Diploma in Taxation or Customs or Accountancy or Business Administration or Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
Form IV and form VI results slip Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, P.O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ‘Vacancies’ link to select the position then “click here to apply online”. All applicants are required to properly fill in the application form provided in the system. Please be informed that shortlisting has been automated through the Human Resources Information System (Aruti). Therefore, a failure to fill in all the fields properly may lead to disqualification.
For assistance on how to fill in the Job Application Form please make use of on line
“HELP” available under the Application Form or dial TRA Call Centre Tel: 0800 750075, 0800 780078 and 0800 110016 from 0800 to 1700 Hours Monday to Friday. These ar