Nafasi za kazi HJFMRI Tanzania Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Ajira Mpya HJFMRI Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
Nafasi za kazi HJFMRI Tanzania
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
Henry Jackson Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI) is the non-profit Organization working in Tanzania since 2004 to implement PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF) through the support of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The organization provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. Currently, we operate in five regions of the Southern Highlands zone, which are Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma regions for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) intervention. The program also supports TPDF in implementing comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment programs in 21 sites throughout the country.
Temporary Employment opportunity:
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position listed below.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to Human Resources Coordinator P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for applying is June 11th, 2023. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
|Job Title:||Data Clerk – 38 Positions (Temporary)|
|Reports to:||Strategic Information (SI) Regional Lead|
|Duration of the Contract||June – Sept 2023|
|Start Date||Mid-June 2023|
Specific Task Job Description
Data Clerk will work at facility level to assure timely entry of patient files in health management database for HTS, CTC, Pharmacy Module and RCH, within one day after reception of the file from the clinician and undertake data verification on a routine basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of the data entered, reported and submitted.
- Enter patient information, family information, visits, and laboratory results and other findings into the CTC2 database system, HTS database and pharmacy module.
- Ensure all the patients records are properly stored and monitored according to the National NACP guidelines on storage of confidential client information.
- Ensure that patients monitoring tools are neatly kept and easily accessible when needed.
- Ensure all project reports; daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports are of high quality and are produced and submitted on time in the introduced data reporting system.
- Provide data entry support to CHMTs into the DHIS2 including conducting data reviews and validations at facility level.
- Collaborate with CBHS at community and health facility levels for tracking defaulters, producing list of Missed Appointment and IIT and updating the database accordingly when patients return to care.
- Provide all the necessary support and assistance on data requests at facility to program staff and Council Staff.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly tracking of all HIV positive clients from all testing points at facility level ensuring proper documentation of these clients for easy tracking.
- Actively participate in all QI related activities and ensuring provision of accurate data on monitored indicators by the QI team within respective assigned facilities.
- Conduct routine analysis of data and display of key set of HIV/AIDS indicator progress on a monthly/quarterly basis and share findings with the Facility/CTC staff for use and for decision making
- Conduct monthly data audit. Verify data entered in CTC2 database and that of the paper-based source. Check the completion of CTC2 cards and work with CTC staff to rectify any inconsistencies.
- Develop, Review and Maintain copies of data collection forms and reports (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and support documentation for data management
- Participate in health education activities for preventing HIV transmission particularly among people living with HIV/AIDS attending clinic in CTC /RCH.
- Work closely with other staff members at CTC and RCH to provide good services to clients attending the clinic.
- Actively follow up and track patients who have missed their clinic visits on a daily basis after end of every clinic session.
- Provide data entry support to CHMT into DHIS2 system including conducting data validation at facility and district.
- Participate in internal Data Quality Assessment with R/CHMT.
- Conduct monthly data cleaning exercise for respective site/s.
- Prepare a list of patients who are eligible for HVL on weekly basis from the CTC2 database, share with CTC in charge ensure all HVL sample collected, and results received are documented and entered into CTC2 cards and CTC2 database on timely manner.
- Ensure that all TPT records (start and completion) are documented into CTC2 cards and database on timely manner
- Ensure continuous back up of the CTC2 database files after every visit (daily, weekly or monthly basis).
- Conduct routine data checks on client information entered into CTC2 database on a daily/weekly basis). Conduct day to day synchronization of client’s appointment dates through the SMS reminder system.
- Provide weekly tracking SMS Reminder report to M&E Officer and updating client’s phone numbers into CTC2 database.
- Ensure that all the information concerning clients at CTC and RCH are always kept confidential.
- Ensure all Donor reporting requested are prepared and submitted a request by the M&E team or Data Managers in your region.
- Ensure updated version of CTC2 database is running as per NACP requirements and ensure weekly and weekly export of data to NACP (Macro3) and monthly Portal is done as required including CQI indicators.
- Ensure clients files are arranged in order based on instructions given during the training or order that will reduce time to search for patients’ files when clients return for next visits
- Keep records of appointments of the clients and ensure missed appointments are communicated to outreach providers (HBC) and status of clients are updated timely
- Print lost to follow up list on weekly basis and share with outreach partners
- As part of capacity building to clinician filling out CTC2 cards to be recommended for next training, data clerk will be required to keep record of the clinician that have not filled out CTC2 card properly. Return cards for correction and keep record of the clinician and frequency of files returned.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a data entry officer in the HIV/AIDS program settings.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspect’s Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to Apply