Nafasi za kazi Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need. From chatbots to chat shows, TV dramas to tech, our content helps adolescent Ajira Mpya girls Effect in Africa, and Asia make choices and changes in their lives. We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, and relationships, empowering girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible “for a girl”.
Nafasi za kazi Girl Effect
Our reach is 50 million and counting. And we’re using technology to reach girls at scale so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and her livelihood.
Because when a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, community, and country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
This role requires two managers with each covering one zone;
- Zone 1 – Mtwara and Lindi
- Zone 2 – Shinyanga and Katavi
The role is responsible for the management and coordination of the programmes in respective zones including supervising, monitoring and reporting on all zonal interventions, coordinating all administrative procedures at zonal level and acting as the contact persons in their respective zones The Managers will develop, implement, monitor and evaluate designs and sets strategies in line with the project’s goals and objectives.
This Managers will also be responsible for the coordination of project activities at the field level in the regions as well as participating in planning and reporting on projects interventions. They will facilitate facilitate, implement planned activities, monitor, liase with Regional and Council health management teams and other partners in the respective regions.
What you will do;
Project startup, field level project planning and implementation
- Under the supervision of the Programme Lead for Tanzania, Develop good relationships and partnership with various stakeholders at the respective zonal level such as other NGOs, local government authorities and relevant Ministries.
- Setting targets/indicators: Contribute to ensuring that projects have clear targets and indicators for reporting before implementation starts.
- Prepare project work plans: Develop project workplans and ensure that all project work plans are in place and implementation and are updated quarterly.
- Share project work plans with stakeholders in the field: Enable project implementers to have a clear picture of timing and content of specific activities to be implemented
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to review project activities and work plans: Update field work plans through review meetings.
- Prepare and participate in financial monthly meetings: With support from finance team review project spending /burning rate and budget and allow budget tracking with red flags for over or under spending
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organising, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings especially at field / on ground level.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Keeping program work plans organised, updated and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes and ensuring that the necessary team is informed.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Innovate and prepare cost effective community engagement activities
- Work closely with all GET AGYW, ABYM networks, CHWs at community level including other gate keepers on ground.
Support the Tujibebe Youth Advisory Panel (comprised of AGYW/ABYM in project areas)
- Manage implementation of the YAPs (status calls, set work plans, timelines, contracting & invoicing) .
- Compile the monthly timesheet tracker & liaise with finance on timely payments of panel members.
- Lead, organise and facilitate monthly youth panel team meetings.
- Support the development of youth panel members monthly workplans.
- Manage 2-way feedback mechanisms between Girl Effect staff and young people, for example anonymous feedback boxes, weekly reflection surveys and monthly individual performance feedback.
Monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Maintain documentation/filing: Ensure all relevant project documents are clearly located both in hard and soft copy.
- Data collection and analysis: Ensure that implementation includes data collection that answers all the project indicators. Track progress of the project on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Reporting against set targets/indicators: Prepare quarterly project report that answers all the set project targets and indicators.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports ad timely submission as per the reporting schedule
- Work with the Monitoring and evaluation team and Project Manager to carry out project deliverables.
- Support field staff in project implementation and supportive supervision activities
- Periodic tracking of progress and use the learnings to improve
Zonal Office management
- Representing Girl effect at zonal level: Act as a focal person that represents GE to all stakeholders at the respective zone
- Represent GE in meetings/forums/ conferences organised at respective zone.
Who you are;
- Master’s Degree in social sciences (MPH, epidemiology, sociology, community development etc.). Candidates without Master’s degree will be considered if they present demonstrated experience of working as project manager for a period of at least three years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management cycle, Log Frame Analysis, work planning, reporting and Results-Based Management tools.
- Experience working several donor fundings
- At least 3 years’ experience on project/business management
- Experience of designing, setting up, and/or closing down projects
- Experience working on adolescent & youth sexual reproductive health, IEC and SBCC related activities
- Experience on financial management of Donor funded projects
- Experience working closely with other stakeholders including the Government Authorities at national, Regional, District and community levels.
- Desirable: Experience of working on health-related/community development projects.
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
Contract duration: 12 months. The Managers will report to the Programme Lead (Tanzania), Closing date for applications:20th June 2023.
Ajira Mpya GIRL EFFECT 2023
Zonal Project Managers Vacancies at Girl Effect Apply Now