In This Article are you looking for Latest Nafasi za kazi Enabel Ajira Mpya Enabel Belgian Development Agency The Governments of Tanzania and Belgium, through the Ministry of Water and Enabel – Belgian development agency respectively, are implementing a Water and Sanitation Kigoma Region Program. The program has an implementation unit which comprises of personnel from Enabel and RUWASA and is based at Kigoma town.
Nafasi za kazi Enabel Ajira Mpya Enabel Belgian Development Agency 2023
The program seeks to improve access to safe drinking water in Kigoma region through provision of water infrastructure and developing management capacity of local communities. It is therefore constructing new water schemes and rehabilitating existing assets, establishing communitybased water supply organizations, and developing their capacity to manage the schemes; and it is promoting safe hygiene practices at household level in selected communities. The program is urgently looking for suitably qualified individual to assume functions of a Construction Site Supervisor.
Objective of the post
Under the leadership of the Intervention Manager, the Site Supervisor will:
- Monitor on a daily basis execution of the works, ensuring that it is of the highest quality.
- Provide day-to-day administration of the contract at the level of the construction site in Kifura.
- Monitor execution of schedules and assess all costs of the works according to the contract.
- Monitor all environmental, social, health and safety issues at the construction site.
Document and prepare updates and reports on the progress of the works at Kifura.
- Assigned various technical responsibilities to support quality monitoring of works in the project.
- Specific responsibilities
- Day-to- quality control
- Monitor and certify the quality of construction materials and of the works in conformity with the technical specifications.
- Examine all the construction methods proposed by the contractor at the construction site.
- Check survey points for the works and main setting out done by the contractor and ensure that the contractor is notified promptly of any errors found.
- If any design changes are necessary, examine them and advise the contractors accordingly provided that the Intervention Manager is informed and that the changes are in accordance with the technical specifications.
- Day-to- quality control
- Site administration of the works contract
- Maintain daily site records including those of labor, plant and equipment, weather conditions, progress, instructions, and delays.
- Follow up with the contractor all instructions given through instruction letters or site meeting recommendations.
- Draft instruction letters for the Intervention Manager to sign.
- Ensure standard monthly reporting by the contractor and adherence to construction site.
- Regularly review the contractor’s program of work and ensure that it is being adhered to.
- Maintain a photographic record of the progress of the work.
- Maintain daily site diaries, and daily reports to verify contractor’s daily records of labour, plant and equipment, weather conditions, progress, instructions, and delays.
- Organize and chair monthly site meetings. As soon as practical after the meeting, prepare and distribute minutes for agreement and signing.
- Undertake site supervision of construction, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Monitoring of schedules and costs
- Monitor the progress of the construction both in terms of schedule and cost performance, flagging any issues to the Intervention Manager in a timely manner and recommend actions to be taken.
- Monitor costs and all claims relative to the BoQ and keep track of all changes to quantities, variations, and any other potential expenditure.
- Verify Interim Payment Certificates
- Check and make recommendations for any variation orders if required.
- Monitoring environmental, social, health and safety issues
- Monitor any environmental matters during construction of works. Any unexpected environmental incidences should be noted, and necessary adjustments recommended.
- Ensure appropriate representation at relevant meetings including site meetings, and progress meetings to discuss and agree appropriate actions to ensure compliance with ESHS obligations.
- Ensure that all environmental and pollution control measures are implemented in accordance with the contract and are maintained for the duration of the works.
- Undertake liaison, from time to time and as necessary, with project stakeholders to identify and discuss any actual or potential ESHS issues.
Qualifications and experience
The applicant shall be a registered engineer and meeting the qualifications and experience below:
a) Academic qualification
- The applicants shall have academic qualifications of no less than an engineering degree in environmental, civil, water resources or in any related engineering discipline,
- Candidates with other academic qualifications but with a track record of not less than 15 years of progressive work in construction of water supply infrastructure will be considered. b) Relevant experience
The candidate shall have supervised no less than 3 infrastructure works of which 2 shall be for water supply. Alternatively, he/she shall have site supervision experience of not less than 5 years.
Skills and competences
Besides Swahili, the candidate shall have a good command of English and excellent report writing skills.
- Registration as a qualified and practising engineer
The Site Supervisor shall be a registered engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
- Accountability and work relationships
The position holder will report to the Intervention Manager. He/she shall work closely with the project Technical Advisor and RUWASA District Manager in Kibondo.
Method of application
Interested individuals for this post are encouraged to carefully read these terms of reference and examine their suitability for it. They shall submit their signed updated curriculum vitae (CV) with three traceable referees, one of which shall be a representative of their most recent employer. In the submission, the applicant shall attach a motivation letter, stating their interest in the job and why they should be considered for it. Please indicate your availability.
Ajira Mpya Enabel Belgian Development Agency
Submit your application to [email protected]
- Closing date for receiving applications is 5th June 2023 at 16:00 hours East African Time.