AJIRA Board Member job at Baobab Home – Nafasi za kazi Bao Bab Home Latest
The Baobab Home Board Of Directors Role Description
Nafasi za kazi Baobab Home Board of Directors comprises leaders from across nonprofit and for-profit sectors who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on The Ajira Mpya Baobab Home Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector.
The essential functions for the Board of Directors are as follows:
• Strategic Oversight: adopt and uphold The Baobab Home vision and mission through understanding the ecosystem in which the organization operates and participating in annual strategic planning
• Operational Oversight: oversee the operations of the organization through supporting the Executive Director and staff in Bagamoyo as a trusted advisor; and actively participate in ongoing programs that support the mission
• Financial Oversight: ensure the organization remains financially viable by overseeing the organization’s financial condition and approving the annual budget, audit reports, and material decisions
• Fundraising: play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for The Baobab Home to achieve its mission through leveraging personal relationships and connections to identify and solicit funders
• Advocacy: Responsibly represent The Baobab Home to their respective communities and to advocate for The Baobab Home’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate
• Board Members Are Also Expected To
Attend monthly board meetings
• Serve on at least one committee of the board and actively participate in committee work
• Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
• Directly invest in The Baobab Home’s work by making a personal contribution each year (through fundraising, sponsoring, or direct contribution)
• Visit The Baobab Home in Bagamoyo, Tanzania at least once during their term
• Board terms last for three years and board members can serve for up to three consecutive terms.
Desired Skills And Expertise
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with expertise in the following areas.
Profile #1: Development / Fundraising / Advocacy Expert
• The Baobab Home seeks a well-connected leader who is passionate about our mission and can leverage their networks and resources in support of efforts to positively impact the environment in which The Baobab Home does its work. The ideal candidate has a track record of supporting similar missions and has connections to decision makers who are in a position to positively impact The Baobab Home’s mission.
Profile #2: Financial Expert
• The Baobab Home seeks an experienced financial professional who has extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and nonprofit financial statements. We seek a board leader to help develop the board’s financial statements and reports (prefer experience preparing, auditing, analyzing, or evaluating financial statements). Additionally, we seek an expert with an understanding of internal controls and procedures for financial reporting and a general understanding of nonprofit financial issues specific to education.
Profile #3: Education Expert
• The Baobab Home seeks an experienced teaching professional who has a degree in education and proven expertise leading and building educational programs. We seek a board leader to help guide Steven Tito Academy’s mission.
Profile #4: Tanzanian Culture / Policy
• The Baobab Home seeks an experienced professional who has experience working in and with the Tanzanian community. We seek board leaders that can help serve as a liaison between our organization in Tanzania and the rest of our community. Ideally, the candidate would have experience working with the Tanzanian government and an understanding of local regulations and policies.
Profile #5: Environmental / Sustainability Expert
• The Baobab Home seeks an experienced professional who has expertise in sustainability including improving conservation and modeling how to reduce impact on the environment in Tanzania. The ideal candidate will be familiar with developing sustainability goals and objectives, assessing or proposing sustainability initiatives, monitoring sustainability indicators, writing grants and proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects, and creating plans and documents for delivering sustainability projects.
Additional Skills And Qualifications
• Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, education, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
• Nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training
• A commitment to and understanding of The Baobab Home’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
• Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Ability to adapt based on the evolving needs of our small but growing organization
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of The Baobab Home’s beneficiaries
• Service on The Baobab Home’s Board of Directors is voluntary and without remuneration.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply