Nafasi za kazi Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) “The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)” is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. For nearly 50 years, the AKF has been partnering with communities, governments, and the private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve their quality of life.
Nafasi za kazi Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self reliance, inclusion, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, evaluation, and learning.
AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education, and civil society strengthening.
AKF is looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Green Champions – Youth Regenerative Farming Extensionist INTERNS (8). Green Champion Interns will be trained in regenerative agriculture practices in the classroom and the field (using the Farmer Field School model) and be responsible for engaging with smallholder farmers and the community to promote what they have learned in the form of small modules. Interns will be expected to attend various trainings, deliver one-on-one training, conduct group training sessions and workshops, and help with additional projects to support communities and their environment. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to grow their knowledge and skills in regenerative agriculture and farming.
- Deliver one-on-one and group training sessions to smallholder farmers/horticulturalists on regenerative farming practices. The topics would include producing and using organic inputs, water management, soil health, plant and crop selection, and livestock.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local farmer/horticulturalists communities to increase awareness of sustainable practices and recruiting of farmers into the program.
- Use digital surveys to record farmer agricultural productivity, uptake of sustainable practices, changes to income, and other important metrics.
- Write/fill up weekly reports on stories from the field.
- Participate in community events to promote regenerative agriculture and sustainable farming practices.
- Mobilize farmers to adopt regenerative and organic farming practices.
- Mobilize and train farmer groups to join Community Based Saving Groups (CBSGs) for saving and lending money, to support their businesses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong passion for agriculture, farming, climate resilience, and the environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with youth and community members.
- Unemployed youth aged 20 -35 years.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends if needed.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as part of a team
- Knowledge of and experience in sustainable farming practices will be an added advantage.
- Ability to convey knowledge to others.
- Comfortable working in a farming context and engaging with smallholder farmers one-onone.
- Possesses social organization skills and experience in any of the agriculture value chains.
- Ability to use common software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Docs) and educational software.
- An unwavering commitment to the safeguarding of others, particularly those in a vulnerable situation
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact details for three professional references, and a cover letter explaining why they are best suited for the particular position directly to the AKF’s Country Human Resources and Admin Manager through email at [email protected] before the closure of the business on Friday 16th June 2023.
8 New Internship Job at Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Please clearly indicate in your application email subject as “Application for Internship- Green Champion.”
|AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare|
|of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.|
DOWNLOAD AGA KHAN FOUNDATION INTERNSHIP
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)