Monitoring & Evaluation and GIS Officer Jobs at RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Monitoring & Evaluation and GIS Officer position under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Monitoring & Evaluation and GIS Officer Jobs at RTI
Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation and GIS Officer will provide assistance on tools, frameworks, and data collection methods and support GIS data collection to include the location of implementation activities, infrastructure, and environmental features and data from the applied Political Economic Analysis (PEA) and Land Use Plans (LUPS).
- Supports the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of project’s MEL system: develops and operationalizes indicators, sets targets, and monitors progress; ensures they are informed by and feed into program decisions.
- Supports all project activities to capture data on indicators and to identify best practices and lessons learned as required by USAID.
- Supports the collection, analysis, and reporting on performance indicators by other team members and project counterparts.
- Work closely with partners and grantees to support data collection activities and requirements and help build their capacity in data management and sharing.
- Collection, management, and analysis in a consistent, standardized, and disciplined manner.
- As part of a comprehensive learning agenda, designs needs-based operations research studies and protocols to generate evidence for which innovations work, which do not work, and why.
- Proactively reviews/analyzes project activities and their outputs and outcomes to continuously learn from and adapt ongoing project implementation; provides feedback to the technical team on where to improve.
Minimum required Education, Experience, and Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience and/or master’s degree and 3 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E systems and identifying sources of scientific data and data gaps or equivalent combination of both the academic and professional experience in relevant professional field.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, methods, and approaches for MEL.
- Experience building capacity of scientific research institutions, CSOs and private sector.
- Demonstrated experience with indicators relevant to natural resources management, biodiversity and conservation, wildlife trafficking, and/or climate change adaptation.
- Experience working with ArcGIS and/or QGIS and other statistical software/tools.
- International donor and USAID experience preferred.
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Bachelor’s Degree|
Job application procedure
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI’s careers site at https://www.rti.org/careers or submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 18 September 2023.