11 Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Community/VMMC Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
11 Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Community/VMMC Jobs at Amref
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position Title||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer; (Facility (7) position, Community/VMMC (4) Position|
|Work Station||Mara; Facility (3), Community/VMMC (2), Simiyu; Facility (2), Community/VMMC (2), Zanzibar; (2)|
|Reports to||Regional Project Manager|
The M&E Officer will assist the project Strategic Information portfolio in HIV care and treatment for Community and Facility Services in strengthening district HIV M&E Systems by ensuring that all activities meet the highest standards through the provision of strategic information which will inform the right direction of the program. S/he will support HIV
Services teams focused on routine implementation of M&E strategies including data collection, assessing quality assurance, and associated frameworks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a team supporting timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to the program management team
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress toward the program objectives
- Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a timely fashion and in a user-friendly format for regular use in program monitoring
- Ensure that Amref best supports districts and regional efforts to review and improve community HIV program performance through the use of quality routinely collected data
- Work with the Strategic Information team to ensure electronic systems and other tools are in place to manage and disseminate program data from the client to the national
- Ensure timely and complete data entry from paper-based sources to electronic sources
- Review completed paper-based tools and compare electronic data entries with source documents on a regular basis to verify the accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
- Support generation of queries and ensure data cleaning activities are conducted systematically
- Work with the ICT department to fix any errors and problems observed in the databases and report any systems malfunction to the central team as needed
- Participate in training new outreach workers and data clerks on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting, and database
- Conduct regular data quality assessments and joint supportive supervision with the CHMT team to ensure the highest degree of program data quality
- Develop all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to the central team
- Support Data Officers to maintain the security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR), and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Diploma/Degree in social sciences, health informatics, or statistics; Masters’s in the mentioned areas will be an added
- At least 3 years of “hands-on experience” as an M&E officer position in HIV prevention, care, and treatment. Experience in working with HIV Community interventions will be an added advantage
- Basic data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination, and report writing skills
- Experience working in data management systems including data collection, data quality assessments, and simple analyses
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be.