Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) & CLA Officer at RTI international April, 2023 – Nafasi za kazi RTI International: Learn more about RTI International and its vacancies, take a look and apply RTI International jobs in Tanzania to suit you dream job.
RTI international (www.rti.org) is an independent, Nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, Multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity.
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity will incorporate a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Officer position under USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) & CLA Officer will provide assistance on tools, frameworks, and data collection methods and support incorporation of the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting agenda in the overall implementation of the activity including grantees and subcontractors.
- Supports the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of the project’s MEL system; develops and operationalizes indicators, sets targets, and monitors progress; ensures MEL is informed by and feeds into project decisions.
- Supports all project activities to capture data on indicators and identify best practices and lessons learned as required by USAID.
- Ensures best practices in CLA are implemented and uses Theory of Change as the foundation for learning, examining performance, analyzing results, testing assumptions, and refining strategies.
- Facilitates USAID, Natural Resources Management Implementing Partners, Tuhifadhi Maliasili subcontractors and grantees to share learning and scale successful interventions across implementing partners to promote adaptive management for conservation.
- Works closely with partners and grantees to support data collection activities and requirements and helps build their capacity in data management and sharing.
- Coordinates, schedules, facilitates, and reports on USAID meetings with Natural Resources Management Implementing Partners and Government of Tanzania.
- Works with technical staff to support tools for data collection, storage, and analysis and guide data collection, management, and analysis in a consistent, standardized, and disciplined manner.
- Supports the team on identifying Learning Questions and knowledge gaps and puts the mechanisms in place to respond to these questions/gaps.
- Proactively reviews/analyzes project activities and their outputs and outcomes to continuously learn from and adapt ongoing project implementation; provides feedback to the technical team on where to improve.
- Ensures appropriate disaggregation of project data to understand risks and benefits for actions based on demographics(e.g., youth, gender).
Minimum required Education. Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience and/or Master’s degree and 3 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E systems and CLA principles.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, methods, and approaches for MEL.
- Experience building capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), and the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience with indicators relevant to natural resources management, biodiversity and conservation, wildlife trafficking, and/or climate change adaptation.
- Ability to work effectively, responsively, and collaboratively with government counterparts, development and private sector partners, CSOs, academic/research institutions, and project teams.
How to apply
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI’s careers site at https://www.rti.org/careers or submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 28th April 2023.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.