Mechanic Vacancies at Bryke Smart Hub is based in Tanzania with a focus on offering end- to -end solution to a variety of clientele. Our Approach is anchored in meeting client needs by keenly listening and understanding client needs and delivering the best, beyond our client’s expectations. We partner with various well renown consultants and individuals to exceed the varied client expectations through delivering a modern customer service approach. We bridge the gap between client need and implementation with realistic and tangible action plans and tactical recommendations One stop center that focuses on the most intellectual assets for the Individuals’ and Corporates’ Human Resources and Financial Assets
Mechanic Vacancies at bryke smart hub
We are currently recruiting the following positions on behalf of our client i.e., Global Communities
|1||Mechanic||Dodoma||Fleet and & Security Manager|
Vacancies at bryke smart hub Please see below the job descriptions/details and will appreciate receiving your application by sharing your CV addressed to [email protected] by 19th June 2023.
- The Mechanic will be responsible to carryout motorcycles and motor vehicles services, repairs and maintenances as required. He/she is responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximize reliability and functionality.
- Responsible for developing annual, quarterly, and monthly maintenance schedules of all motorcycles and motor vehicles. He/she will be responsible for verifying and certifying the service, repair and maintenance of motorcycles and vehicles done by outside garages. Mechanic should strictly ensure the safety measures, rules are in place and are followed in servicing, repairing and maintaining motorcycles and motor vehicles.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Motorcycles Service, Repair and Maintenance
- Determines motorcycles conditions by conducting inspections and diagnosis test, identifying functional issues, worn out and damaged parts.
- Perform routine service, repair and maintenance of motorcycles including changing engine oil, repairing engine, electrical systems, ignition systems, fuel injection systems, plugs, magnetos, carburettors, brakes, suspension, transmission, and drive chains aiming to motorcycles functionality, longevity and cost effective.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline and oil tanks, starters, mufflers, speedometer, clutch, etc.
- Repair and adjust motorcycles subassemblies such as forks, transmissions, brakes, and drive chains according to specifications.
- Fitting tires and checking the conditions of pressure and adjust them according to specifications.
Motor vehicle Service, Repair and Maintenance
- Perform thorough diagnosis and perform regular vehicles services, repairs and maintenances including steering, suspension, brake, power, cooling and transmission systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to vehicles.
- Conduct periodical mechanical safety checks of vehicles.
- Process work orders and maintain records of time worked and materials used; recommend purchase of needed parts and supplies.
- Make regular follow up with drivers to make sure vehicles are serviced timely and as per required standards.
- Ensure motorcycles and motor vehicles are maintained in the most safe and cost-effective way.
- Ensure maximum availability of motorcycles and motor vehicles and least amount of down time.
- Provide training to motorcycle users on troubleshooting and how best to use motorcycles.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advice motorists on good use of motorcycles and motor vehicles.
- Respond to Field emergencies for motorcycles and motor vehicles mechanical problems.
- Carry out or supervise roadworthiness test of the hired vehicles.
- Provide monthly report on services, repair and maintenance including parts fitted and repair costs of each motorcycle and motor vehicle.
- Identify, requests, and ensure availability of fast-moving spare parts and lubricants for service, repair and maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles.
- Safe keeping of dismantled parts removed from motorcycles and motor vehicles.
- Perform service, repair, and maintenance of office generator.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
- Schedule regular Vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer’s recommendations including normal routine services, planned preventive maintenance and planning service schedule and interval.
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are always taken, and all works are carried out in a safety aware environment.
- Drive GC vehicle for program activities when needed.
- Advising Fleet manager on any issues regarding repair, maintenance, ways to improve cost efficient of the vehicles and motorcycles of the GC fleet at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to safely drive donor-funded project vehicles.
- Extensive knowledge of motor vehicle and motorcycles services, repairs and maintenance.
- Good English language command with ability to read and understand service and repair manuals.
- Takes responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courteous and diplomatic always.
- Basic knowledge of first aid procedures
- Skills in MS Office applications
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili •
- Availability to travel 75-80% of the time to project sites.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering or other relevant fields.
- Certificate in Auto electrical Engineering is an added advantage.
- Advanced Driver’s Certificate Grade One or Two from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA)
- At least five years’ work experience in Vehicles and Motorcycles Mechanics with International NGOs or similar Organizations
- Valid and accident-free (for the past 3 years) Class C Tanzania Driver’s License
- Before you apply please ensure you meet the requirement of the position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.