Marketing Communication and Account Management Specialist – KPMG Tanzania, KPMG in Tanzania is part of a global network of independent KPMG Firms that offers Audit, Tax, Advisory services. Through the talent of our staff, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across Africa and globally, we work with businesses and corporates (both national and multinational), government, and international development agencies and donors in diverse sectors.
At KPMG, our values represent what we believe in and who we aspire to be. Our values guide our behaviours day-to-day, informing how we act, the decisions we take, and how we work with each other, our clients, our communities and all our stakeholders. They bind us together, across different backgrounds, cultures, and are common to each of us. Living our values is a journey that requires the collective ownership and commitment of everyone at our Firm. If you would like to be part of this journey, we welcome you to explore this opportunity.
KPMG in Tanzania is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Marketing, Communication and Account Management specialist for a 24-month fixed- term position. This is extendable based on performance and business needs. The successful candidate will assume a pivotal role in shaping and spearheading local marketing and branding campaigns, with a focus on sector and service growth. Additionally, they will be instrumental in devising and executing strategies for account management in Tanzania. This position is open to Tanzanian citizens only.
- Plan, co-design, and manage marketing campaigns on diverse topics
- Take a leading role in organizing forums for the Firm’s diverse stakeholders on relevant topics as appropriate.
- Provide marketing and research support to the clients’ teams across sectors and functional areas.
- Take a leading role in formulation of sectors strategies and in achievement of KPIs from a marketing and communications perspective that will lead to growth of the sectors.
- Provide additional client planning support to foster client centricity and deepening of relationships.
- Build and maintain a strong network within KPMG globally and external markets to generate valuable insights and content.
- Represent KPMG at key marketing events, foster relationships with key and relevant trade associations and their membership.
- Propose, design, and establish collaborations in the Tanzanian market with complementary organisations and associations.
- Drive the Firm’s brand profiling efforts through diverse channels for both the Firm and its people.
- As part of a regional team, leverage and maximize the value that KPMG in Tanzania receives from additional KPMG marketing teams in the region and Africa.
- Coordinate, review and provide editorial oversight for marketing materials and campaigns .
- Manage the maintenance of the CRM for effective sharing of insights with the Firm’s diverse stakeholders.
- Consider additional efficiencies and gains through use of innovative marketing technology software and communication channels and prepare convincing cases for investment in doing things differently to maximize our marketing impact.
Qualifications and capabilities
- University Education: A Master’s degree, or a Bachelors plus equivalent experience, in business administration, marketing and communications, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 6-years’ work experience in business development, marketing, communications, account management, public relations. Preferably with several years’ experience at either a professional services Firm, large corporate or a business association.
- Network: An established and expanding business network within Tanzania, with a proven track record of leveraging networks to deliver interesting marketing activities, events, or business development.
- Language Skills: Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills, preferably demonstrated through achievement of certification to a recognised international standard, examination body or equivalent university qualification taught in English.
- Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with CRM software. Knowledgeable and competent in the professional use of mainstream social media products and services.
- Sector Knowledge: Genuine demonstrated interest for keeping up to date with some key sector developments and news in Tanzania. For example, financial services, energy, telecoms, logistics, oil and gas, etc.
- Event Management: Experience in planning, designing and executing business events, including physical events and webinars.
- Content Management: Demonstrated experience of coordinating, reviewing, and enhancing the written content of others.
- Team Player and Self-starter: Collaborative and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Able to design and drive forward anactivity pro-actively and mostly independently.
Salary and benefits:
- The position offers a competitive market salary and benefits and will be awarded on a 24-month, fixed-term contract. This is extendable based on performance and business needs.
Performance evaluation and renewal:
- The successful candidate’s contract will be subject to a probation periodand annual review. Further renewal may be considered but will be dependent on the achievement of objectives, targets, and overall performance.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further and your qualifications and experience match the requirements for the role, please submit your application to [email protected].Closing date for receipt of applications will be February 13, 2024.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*KPMG Tanzania, The Luminary, 2nd Floor, Haile Selassie Road, Masaki, Dar Es Salaam